Windows 10: Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips

Discus and support Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a little problem with my audio. It stutters and blips. I have tried everything that I can think of to get it working correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Okieslims Win User

Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips

Hello,
    I am having a little problem with my audio. It stutters and blips. I have tried everything that I can think of to get it working correctly.
    Setup: Behringer UMC404HD interface and Klipsch speakers with subwoofer.

---> I have tried to resolve the problem in the following ways with no success:
    >Removed the UMC from the equation
    >Removed the speakers from the equation and used headphones
    >Deleted all audio drivers and let Windows reinstall them.
    >Deleted UMC Driver and manually installed the latest driver
    >Removed all sound effects in the playback devices
    >Tried every audio setting from 16 bit 44100 cd quality to 24 192000 studio quality
    >Tried mono, stereo, 5.1

I don't know what else to try. I would appreciate some help.

Thanks everyone

:)

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018

2. Random dpc latency

Hi,

my specs:

Mobo Asus Ramapage III Gene

24 gb Ram

Nvidia 980 gtx

primary hd ssd

i7 920

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I recently upgraded to windows 10 (clean install), and i have random dpc latency. I followed many suddestions on the web such as cpu power, and this help me in some way.. Now is less frequent.

Most of the time it happens on videogame. When this happens the audio and pc began to stutter. (Not only audio even my pc, i can se my mouse "jump").

In some cases it happens with video too which start to have audio stuttering and then the pc completely freeze. (So i need to hardly reboot).

Normally when i reboot the pc i am unable to reproduce the bug, so this is quite weird.

This morning, for example, i turn on my pc to watch f1 and audio stutter and pc freeze. After the reboot i watched the entire race without any kind of problem..

Can someone point me in right direction?

Few more note:

I completely disabled audio from the mobo, and i am currently using nvidia output which help me a little i think.

There were no any kind of issue with windows 7 64 bit.

Most of the time latencymon show me usbport.sys as driver latency.

JohnnyPicciafuochi, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Mouse stutter in win 10

Hi

I have a similar problem my end with the mouse stutter, however when these stutters occur it also causes my audio to stutter. to date no solution have fixed this

previously on Windows 8.1 I had no issues,

All my drivers are up to date for audio, bios, gpu & network

Regards

Nibbles

Nibbles Junior, Feb 20, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a recording studio. (MOTU 896 Mk3 Hybrid and Sonar).
    Behringer isn't known for great drivers. (I'm not knocking Behringer quality, I have a Behringer X-Touch control surface and a Behringer 8 channel headphone amp and both work great).

Although it may work for what you want, its not really designed to be the PC's "sound card".

But, run the free Resplendence Latency Mon, may point to the problem.
    Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

fireberd, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Okieslims Win User
    Thank you fireberd.
    It says that I am likely experiencing buffer under-runs. It says that one or more DPC routines that belongs to a driver in my system appears to be executing for too long. One problem was network related, but that doesn't seem to be the issue because I am playing files that are on my hard drive along with files accessed over the web. It also advised that one problem may be power related. Suggested disabling throttling settings and a BIOS update.. The BIOS update is something I have never done before.

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018
  6. Warkratos Win User
    I had a similar issue with Realtek drivers, the stuttering was gone when I disabled "Fast Startup" on Windows 10. To do so, I disabled hibernation completely as I don't use this feature. You can disable only Fast Startup by going in Windows Power Management.

I used "powercfg -h off" on CMD with admin rights and restarted my computer.

You can try this, if it doesn't work just enable it again with "powercfg -h on"

Warkratos, Feb 20, 2018
  7. Okieslims Win User
    Thanks Warkratos. I tried that, and I still have stutters. I think I'll just leave that function off since I do not use it either.

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018
  8. Okieslims Win User

Update: I have completely removed the behringer and all drivers for it to isolate the problem. I will add it back in once I get the problem pinned down. Currently, there is a realtek driver for audio. My motherboard is an MSI z170a. Additionally, there is an audio driver from Nvidia that comes back everytime I uninstall it.

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018
  9. BKnight Win User
    When uninstalling drivers disconnect from the internet to avoid Windows from installing drivers automatically.

BKnight, Feb 20, 2018
  10. Okieslims Win User
    I took the pc offline as you said, and I figured I would just play a local file while it was offline..... no stutters! I ran the latency monitor, and everything was perfect... So the problem is associated with being connected to the internet. I recently moved and am on a new network. I don't know why that would impact locally stored audio, but it does.

I use a wireless card on my pc

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018
  11. fireberd Win User
    Wi-Fi is a known cause of your problem. Best to connect "wired" if at all possible.

fireberd, Feb 20, 2018
  12. Okieslims Win User
    I will get my own service then. The people I rent from offer free internet service to their 3 rent houses. Ill just get my own.

I am curious as to why wifi has an impact on a local file. Very confusing to me.

Thanks everyone.

Okieslims, Feb 20, 2018
  13. fireberd Win User

Although Wi-Fi is a known cause its not the only issue. But, since disabling the Wi-Fi cured your problem its the most likely culprit.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10-64 audio stuttering and blips - Similar Threads - audio stuttering blips

2. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello,Recently I got this problem were whenever I play a song or a video in youtube the audio just stutters randomly for no reason...Now I tried all the solutions and techniques from various threads,forums and youtube videos but none of it worked...and one more, I recently...
  3. Audio Stuttering issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Stuttering issue in windows 10: I am using windows 10 latest version. I find audio Stuttering issue. I was using tp link bluetooth 4.0 nano adaptor it was also having shuttering and also it sometimes automatically disconnects my bluetooth speaker and connects again. Now I am using tp-link Bluetooth 5.0 nano...
  4. bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello, I'm having a problem with the bluetooth audio on my windows 10 machine. The audio is stuttering when I use a bluetooth headphones. The problem started about 1 or 2 months ago and nothing I have done has fixed it. The audio cuts and comes back very quick and that...
  5. Windows 10 Audio Stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Audio Stuttering: Ever since the recent update Feature Update Windows 10, version 20H2 I've bee having problems with audio stuttering in games, browsers and simply on the desktop it also causes my mouse to stutter along with the audio which I've been unable to find a fix for. It comes and...
  6. Windows 10 Audio Stuttering

Windows 10 Audio Stuttering: Hello all, I have been having an audio problem that has been driving me crazy. I'm about to give up on Windows 10 entirely and just get Windows 8. Especially because I'm a DJ and I cannot use my Traktor application whatsoever. Every few seconds my audio stutters and makes a...
  7. Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering: I didn't use 1903 version until november but after that I upgraded my system to 1909. So below 1903 versions(1511,1607,1709,1803,1809) I didn't get any audio stuttering on games, videos etc. but after upgrading my system I have. Funny thing is, after KB4505903 rolled out, I...
  8. Sennheiser Headphones audio blip every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sennheiser Headphones audio blip every 10 seconds: I hope this is the correct sub, apologies if it is not. I have a set of Sennheiser headphones that I have used to listen to music off my laptop for about 6 months now and the connection has always been fine. A problem has now developed however, that when I am connected to...
  9. Windows 10 Audio Stuttering

Windows 10 Audio Stuttering: Hello all, I have been having an audio problem that has been driving me crazy. I'm about to give up on Windows 10 entirely and just get Windows 8. Especially because I'm a DJ and I cannot use my Traktor application whatsoever. Every few seconds my audio stutters and makes a...
  10. Windows 10 pro 64 bit realtek audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit realtek audio stuttering: Hello I have an issue where my audio begins to stutter, especially when i use streaming service like Netflix - to watch movies. While it stutters it begins to desync and the further you watch the movie - the more desync between video and audio increases. At first i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 periodic sound blips