Windows 10: Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes!

Discus and support Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have three PC's all running the same OS setup but one no matter what I try after 2 minutes the display goes blank, move the mouse and the desktop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zane771, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Zane771 Win User

Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes!

I have three PC's all running the same OS setup but one no matter what I try after 2 minutes the display goes blank, move the mouse and the desktop is there! I found in link but for Windows 7 with the term called "System unattended sleep timeout" added to Advanced Power Settings" but cant find anything like this in Windows 10. And I do not know even if this feature is part of Windows 10 it could be something totally different.So does anyone out there have any ideas as to what I can try please?

:)

Zane771, Dec 20, 2015

2. Win 10 - Display turns off after a few minutes

My display turns off after about 2-3 minutes. The screen goes black and then I get a notice that the monitor is going to sleep.

I have the following settings:

Turn off display - 1 hour

Put the computer to sleep - 2 hours

Hybernate - 10 hours

Screen saver - 600 minutes, Mystify

Require password on wakeup - No

The system is: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, ver 1511

Processor: Intel i5 650 at 3.2GHz, 8GB

I have tried many different settings and nothing seems to make a difference. I upgraded to Win 10 recently and a few days ago the November update was installed. This problem seems to have started when the update went in. The Nov update was not supposed
    to be installed no earlier than 30 days after upgrade to Win 10 so that I could revert to Win 7 but it installed anyway.

Anybody know how to get rid of this problem? It is very aggravating. I had to remove the password since I was spending so much time entering passwords to restart the display.

dclark15773, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Midaa12 Win User
    Windows power settings not working correctly

windows power settings is not working correctly,it is happening from yesterday,I was watching a movie on the vlc media player and suddenly my display turned off,and from then it is turning off after 10 minutes interval,in the power settings I changed it
    to 45 minutes(and saved the changes) but again the display goes after 10 minutes,I restarted the computer but still the same thing is happening,but in the power settings it still shows 45 minutes,I have checked my monitor's settings but no display timer was
    enabled there

Midaa12, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Control Panel, Power Options.
    Click on Change plan settings for the currently active plan.
    Change Turn off display to whatever value you want. I have mine set to never since I use a screen saver and want it to kick in and run when I'm not using the computer. I turn it off manually if I'm not going to use it for awhile.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2015
  5. Zane771 Win User
    I have the same settings as you! So I am lost as to what it can be.Bob

Zane771, Dec 20, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Shot in the dark, but do you accidentally have a "blank" screensaver set?
    Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes! [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Zane771 Win User
    I always said it must be my age and I was right, you got it bang on I did have it set to a blanc sreen saver.Many thanks and have a Happy Christmas I now know I will *Smile

Zane771, Dec 21, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Sometimes we just get lucky! Glad is was that simple to fix! Merry Christmas!
    Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes! [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Monitor display turns off after 2 minutes! - Similar Threads - Bit Monitor display

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  5. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  6. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  9. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute: Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy. I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The screen(s) turn off and the computer goes to sleep after a minute despite my best efforts. I have every setting that I can find set...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...