Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit. Msconfig.exe , Lockedout.

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit. Msconfig.exe , Lockedout. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I was going to do some diagnostics on my Win 10 64 bit system. In the search bar I typed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Byteman21, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Byteman21 Win User

Windows 10 64 bit. Msconfig.exe , Lockedout.

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I was going to do some diagnostics on my Win 10 64 bit system. In the search bar I typed in "MSCONFIG.EXE" checked diagnostics mode and rebooted. After boot-up only things I see is the wallpaper clock/date and a network icon in the corner with a red disconnect sign. Ok all normal so far, till I click on the screen. I get three icons. Network, Easy off access and Shut down.

Since I'm trying to get into my system the shutdown icon only gives me the three options "Sleep, Shut down and Restart.

I know I have to put my PIN code in, but it doesn't give me the option to do so. So now my system is stuck booting into MSCONFIG diag mode without the option to boot back into normal mode.

After doing some thinking, I know that the Windows 10 installation DVD had a repair boot option.

After going into the DVD's Advanced options here are the options...
    System Restore
    System Image Recovery
    Startup Repair (Ok this is what I'm thinking I need)
    Command Prompt
    UEFI Firmware Settings
    Go back to the Previous Build.

So I run the obvious choice "Startup Reair". It does it Diag and comes back saying "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or Shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: "

My options Shut Down or Advanced Options.

"System restore" will not work because I have nothing backed up.
    "System Image Recovery" no recovery image.
    "Reset this PC" I have "Keep files" or "Remove everything" Of course I want to keep files so I run that but it tells me the Drive that windows is installed on is locked. (The Pin code I'm guessing)

I would normally format and reinstall but the major problem is that I have very import flight sim programs set up that has taken me over a month to set up. I need this computer badly for my flight training. The flight school charges us $100 an hour for their crappy flight sim where my setup with my Oculus blows their crappy computer sim out of the water.

Thank You in advance.*Cool

:)

Byteman21, Nov 28, 2016

2. How do I get rid of annoying "This app is no longer available" "...because it doesn't work on this version of Windows" ?

There is no such thing as "incompatible tasks" (or even a portion of that phrase) *ANYWHERE* within *ANY* tab (General, Boot, Services, Startup, or Tools) when I run msconfig.exe.

Which tab does "incompatible tasks" reside within on your Windows 10 64-bit system?

Are you even running Windows 10? With "November Update"?

Fred Morrison, Nov 28, 2016
  3. petrula Win User
    System Protection tab Missing in Safe Boot

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

My goal was to restore to an earlier restore point in Safe Boot.

Using msconfig.exe, I checked Safe Boot.

I rebooted into Safe Boot.

I went to the System Properties dialog.

However, the System Protection tab was missing.

Why?

Thanks in advance.

petrula, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit. Msconfig.exe , Lockedout.

1. Windows 10 64 bit. Msconfig.exe , Lockedout. - Similar Threads - bit Msconfig exe

2. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  3. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  4. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  5. windows 10 64 bit

windows 10 64 bit: hello , I have P5G41T-MLX V2 xeon x 5460 4GB RAM , GTX 750 TI , I wont install windows 10 64 bit (I have 2 reason for this , 4 gb ram , and 64bit bassed processor , but when im trying to install windows 10 64 bit version , I just restart pc pres f8 (boot menu ) choose...
  6. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  7. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  8. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  9. 32 or 64-bit exe-file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32 or 64-bit exe-file?: There are two questions: first - how can I find out which version the application is? I mean 64 or 32-bit version. There is the simple command "file" in UNIX/Linux, does Windows have something similar? Thanks. Second - I've bought the computer with Win10 which already was...
  10. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557