Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering and BSOD but on quick restart everythings fine. Before anybody suggest certain things, I have already done all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geoffl5, Jun 23, 2018.

1. geoffl5 Win User

Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine

Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering and BSOD but on quick restart everythings fine. Before anybody suggest certain things, I have already done all the known fixes on the net e.g. fully uninstall and update graphics driver and windows fully up to date.
    My system is as above, 3.2ghz quad core amd processor, 16G ram, asus gtc760 graphics card 2g memory.

Problem. On boot, and once into the windows screen it will always start flickering and will go black, and consequently I have to reboot. Sometimes on boot it says system date has changed and I have to go into bios and reset the date and time, and sometimes once into windows, the system date has changed to about 70 yrs into the future. I’ve replaced the bios battery and reset the bios and that makes no difference.

But, if I quickly go to restart my computer before any major flickering occurs and it reboots everything is fine, and remains so until I shut-down my computer. Unless I quickly restart it will always have these problems.

Once again, if I restart quickly (even if windows hasn’t fully finished loading) everything is fine and I can use my computer for hours, even memory intensive games.
    Any suggestions appreciated. tks

:)

geoffl5, Jun 23, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 23, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jun 23, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows 10 pro 1607 64-bit Screen flickering issue.

Hi James,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. To determine whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either
    uninstall the app or update the display driver.

Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard at the same time. If that doesn't work, right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen and then select
    Task Manager.

• If Task Manager doesn't flicker, an app is probably causing the problem.
    • If Task Manager does flicker, a display driver is probably causing the problem.

Please revert if the screen flickers.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 64 bit screen flickering but on quick reboot all is fine - Similar Threads - bit screen flickering

2. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  3. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64 bit: hello , I have P5G41T-MLX V2 xeon x 5460 4GB RAM , GTX 750 TI , I wont install windows 10 64 bit (I have 2 reason for this , 4 gb ram , and 64bit bassed processor , but when im trying to install windows 10 64 bit version , I just restart pc pres f8 (boot menu ) choose...
  4. Windows 10 is 64 bit and Quick Books 17 is 32 bit compatibility issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is 64 bit and Quick Books 17 is 32 bit compatibility issues.: New computer is 64 bit Windows 10. Quick Books 17 Desktop is 32 bit. I am getting Crashes, freeze of screens, failure to print from Quick Books to outlook. Outlook crashes and then Quick books unfreezes but i cant print. Must restart several times a day to continue...
  5. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  6. Intermittent black screen Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent black screen Windows 10 64 bit: My Dell XPS computer screen intermittently black out. It seems to happen mostly when I run Windows apps. I have run SFC and DISM and nothing has been found. In Device Manager I have two Display Adaptors - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 75M. I disabled the...
  7. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  8. 64 bit Windows 10 1703 REBOOTS!

in Windows 10 Support
    64 bit Windows 10 1703 REBOOTS!: Hello ALL: I have an issue that is strange. All will be running OK and I can select a program or web site and the system will reboot. From that point on, if I select shutdown it will shutdown and restart! I can restore a complete image and all is OK again for days and then I...
  9. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557
  10. Windows 10 (64 bit) works fine on an old Intel DQ35JO system

Windows 10 (64 bit) works fine on an old Intel DQ35JO system: I just finished doing a clean install (downloaded the MS DVD iso) on an old system that has an Intel DQ35JO motherboard, 8gb RAM and a Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor. It was previously running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. I entered the Windows 7 key during the install to a...