Windows 10: windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors

Discus and support windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; recently put two acer gf246 monitors on my system. then upgraded fron win10/32 to 64bit. with a clean boot. this let me play a number of games i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkMurray1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors

recently put two acer gf246 monitors on my system. then upgraded fron win10/32 to 64bit. with a clean boot. this let me play a number of games i bought. tried anno 2205 and get problem with screen, keeps going black then coming back every few seconds. did research, reloaded windows, then reloaded acer driver, then reloaded nviia driver, finally upped psu to 750. device history shows windows only recognises 1 monitor as gf246, calls the other gemneric pnp. ithink thats the problem cos it seems to cause a res conflict, but i can't get it io change. any ideas?

Edition
    Windows 10 Home
    Version
    OS Build
    processor
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor
    Graphics card
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
    System
    OSType64BitX64
    RAM
    16 GB

:)

MarkMurray1, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ppink55 Win User

twin monitors

how do I make twin monitors work separately? they were working fine this morning

[Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings ]

Ppink55, Aug 2, 2018
  3. ARBYTOO Win User
    Windows 10 Apps on twin monitors

I have upgraded to Windows 10.

I have a twin monitor setup.

In 8.1 if I clicked on a task bar icon, or full screen live tile, the program started on the same monitor as the task bar.

In 10 the program always opens on the main monitor.

The display is "extended" over the two monitors and works fine other than this.

I can reposition the program to the second monitor, but once closed it will always reopen on the main monitor.

Anyone got any ideas?

ARBYTOO, Aug 2, 2018
  4. windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors

1. windows 10/64 resolution on twin monitors - Similar Threads - resolution twin monitors

2. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  3. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  4. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  5. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  6. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Resolution: I bought a Dell Inspirion Desktop with an HD graphics card and the PC came with a 32 inch HD Samsung TV. When I first got it I could see things in high definition. For some reason it has reverted to low definition and neither Dell, or Samsung will help. What do I need to...
  7. Twin monitor Screensaver.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Twin monitor Screensaver.: This may seem a mundane question. However, it is irritating me. I have two monitors and when I start the screen saver it only shows on one screen. Is it possible for the screen saver to show over both screens? Many thanks for any ideas....
  8. monitor resolution

monitor resolution: HI I was trying to change my resolution from 1050 to 1080 on my monitor I did everything correctly but when I pressed apply to change and finalize my new resolution it switched back to native I am on desktop with a monitor of Dell E228WFP...
  9. TWIN UI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TWIN UI: WHY DO I HAVE IT, WHY CANT IT FIND IT WHY DOES EVERYTHING GO THERE? WHEN I LOOK IT UP IT ONLY TALKS ABOUT MAPS AND PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS SAVING TO THERE AND I CANT FIND IT AT ALL PLEASE HELP NOW...
  10. Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.

Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.: How do I set the windows resolution to agree with the monitors resolution of 1920x1080? Windows will go to this setting but quickly reverts to another setting. This back and forth change is ongoing. I have auto set the monitor to 1920x1080. Any help would be...