Windows 10: Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

Discus and support Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 boots however access is denied on all drives. I have tried taking ownership however since access is denied I cannot do this. I can go in and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Skyfine Win User

Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

Windows 10 boots however access is denied on all drives. I have tried taking ownership however since access is denied I cannot do this. I can go in and look at security settings, but changing ownership is not possible. C drive usage and free is 0 however I can see the files sitting on This PC in File Explorer. The files cannot be opened, because access is denied.

:)

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  2. Mazench Win User

Windows access denied

Accidentally I denied all access to all users including administrator in all local disk. Now I am unable to gain access. Tried to change owner , but it shows 'can't open access control. Plz help me solve the issue.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mazench, Jul 3, 2017
  3. bhcrdc Win User
    Win 10--Access denied

I am unable to save documents in either Word or Word Perfect. I get a message that "Access is denied. You do not have administrator privileges." This is a private computer and I am the administrator and only user. Is there any hope of correcting this "bug"
    in Win 10 or should I go back to Win 7 with all of it's warts.

bhcrdc, Jul 3, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Are you logged in as admin? Do programs run ok? Is it all folders or just some effected?

Samuria, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Skyfine Win User
    It is my son's computer. He is the administrator so he can log in. However the programs do not run and there is no access to any folders. When using command prompt it gives a system 5 error. It does not seem to recognize him as the administrator anymore even though in settings he is listed as the administrator. I am unable to use an elevated command prompt because access to this is denied.

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    I assume it work ok at some point so what has he done to casue it as its quicker if we know how he did it is there no other admin account?

Samuria, Jul 3, 2017
  7. Skyfine Win User
    He said he downloaded Revit Autocad a couple of nights ago, however I cannot see this in the Add/Remove programs area. Then he downloaded FileASSASSIN from Malwarebytes. The last download was Terraria which looks like a game program. Of course I cannot add or remove any programs now. He said his computer was working fine up until he went to use it yesterday morning.

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  8. Skyfine Win User

There is no other admin user.

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
  10. Skyfine Win User
    The tutorial instructs that the elevated command prompt has to be used to enable elevated administrator account. I cannot access the elevated commend prompt.

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    That's Option One, you'll need to use Option Four in the tutorial.

12. Skyfine Win User
    Yes I agree however unfortunately there is no installation USB or recovery drive.

Skyfine, Jul 3, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    You can do it without one. See the Tip in Option Four...

Which basically says: turn on, kill the power before it finishes booting. Repeat a few times until it boots into advanced repair mode. From there you can get to a command prompt.

15. Skyfine Win User
    Thanks for that Bree. I have not yet tried Option Six to get to the elevated command prompt. When I was working with the computer yesterday I did interrupt Start Up and use the Recovery options (which would not work) but none of them brought me to the screen in Option 6. That is probably because I did not turn it off and on a few times.

The computer is now en route to our tech guy, but if I can halt the process I will try Option 6.

Skyfine, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Access Denied unable

2. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  3. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  4. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  5. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  6. "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied.": I am the admin on my account, and I need to un-tick an option on a .pak file that says Read Only, but to do so I need to give privileges. So, I click continue, and then it says "An error occurred applying attributes to the file." and then "Access is denied." I've been...
  7. Unable to gain Administration rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to gain Administration rights: Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any search. Is there a fix?...
  8. System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges: Hi. I get "System error 5 Access is denied" error when trying to install Emscripten SDK 1.38.27 using the emsdk. I also have version 1.39.0 of Emscripten; what I want to do is to also get this earlier to have alongside it because I need it for Qt 5.13.1 (Qt for WebAssembly)...
  9. Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable To Access Device Manager Due To Administrator Privileges.: It seems the last couple of Windows 10 updates have been horrible for my PC. Among the problems that have arisen is I can't open Device Manager because I no longer have Admin. Priv. even though it lists that I do under User Accounts. ***Edited Original Title From: Windows...
  10. Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again: I get this when trying to launch e.g Battlefield 1942 and Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction. Nothing seems to solve it. Not Run as Administrator, not compatibility mode, nothing! Anyone got any clue what it could be? Kind Regards...