Windows 10: Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD

Discus and support Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In another thread on this forum my Window10 (upgraded OK from W7 pro 64) got so screwed up that I was recommended to re-install W10 from a fresh ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Jeff o Win User

Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD

In another thread on this forum my Window10 (upgraded OK from W7 pro 64) got so screwed up that I was recommended to re-install W10 from a fresh ISO download.
    On my laptop I eventually generated the ISO on a DVD. But now what do I do?
    I only have a few hours to use the file (else it self destroys! ) but am not sure how to use in my faulty PC? Can't find any instructions anywhere.

Before I kill my just working PC I need to know if my Windows Live Mail and all its emails, still OK on my PC, can be transferred to the new build W10.

:)

Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016

2. Activation issues if re-installing Windows 10 using ISO

Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 Home Single Language and after the up-gradation I have downloaded media creation tool x64 and then downloaded ISO file of Windows 10 Home Single Language from going through create an ISO file for another PC.

So now if I burn the ISO file to DVD and then if I re-install Windows 10 using by DVD , then will the product key will automatically take the key or should we have to give product key? And before re-installing windows 10 , should I have to note down the
    product key ?

Ganesh Kulkarni, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    If you would please link the "other thread", I'll have a look; not sure what your problems are, but, usually, most problems can be fixed with a repair install using an in-place upgrade. This would keep all your applications, settings and files (including your email).

Not sure why you say a file will self-destroy?

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Jeff o Win User
    Sorry, not sure how to link questions but here goes Access denied to C: drive serious issues - Windows 10 Forums

I think you will see that I seemed to have done a lot of checking. I would have preferred to have the access issue on W10 fixed or even been able to get back to W7 and had another go.

My DVD that was being verified since I posted this note has just come up with an error. I am not sure I should have done verification on an ISO burnt disc as I see some extra files were added during the finishing process.
    As for the self destruct point I think I read that the ISO file would only be available if used within 24 hrs. So far I have used 7 hrs just to get to this point and I still am not sure what I am doing.

Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    the download link is good for 24hrs...

You are better off using the USB option --- to create the media...

Then boot from the USB stick
    or
    if you have access into your current OS - just run setup.exe from the usb

8. Jeff o Win User

Thanks, I will try the USB method, but I was not sure what was meant by the Media Creation Tool. I am sorry about being somewhat slow but I get easily confused. How do I get this tool?
    I also have a very slow internet speed so what ever I do takes a very long time.

Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Okay I had a read of your other thread.
    Do you have an extra hard drive you can plug into your desktop?
    Don't worry about the time limit thing - that's just for the download link only.

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  10. Jeff o Win User
    OK I seemed to have found a way of doing and am putting the data on the USB now. Do you know if it will be the pro version as I have now? It was not all that clear.
    Sorry again about all the questions but I have being trying to sort out this problem for three days now and seemed to be thwarted at every step.

Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Did you download the ISO from MSTechBench? If so, it will have both versions (Home + Pro).

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  12. Jeff o Win User
    Questions have got a bit out of phase. Yes I do have external drives. I use them to back up my files and folders. Unfortunately my windows 7 backup is a bit old now and I had not quite got round to backing up W10!

Jeff o, Jun 12, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

No problem. Let's just go over a few things, so we get it all straight....

Your desktop is basically un-usable with all the permission issues.
    You use Windows Live Mail (WLM) as your email client.
    You have access to a laptop (that's how you got the ISO downloaded).

-Can you do the data export from WLM to an external drive, for importing later?

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD - Similar Threads - access issues trying

2. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  3. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  4. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. issue with windows 10 trying to re install an update that is already installed kb5004237

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issue with windows 10 trying to re install an update that is already installed kb5004237: every since the patch went in on 7/7/2021 i have had problems with updates. On 7/16/2021 the update for kb5004237 finally was installed. However Windows 10 update has been trying to re install the same file over and over again with error 0x800f0831. I paused my updates for 7...
  6. Installing Windows 10 from a DVD

Installing Windows 10 from a DVD: I am trying to install Windows 10 from a DVD and it isn't working. It's as if my computer isn't recognizing that there is even a DVD. I have tried everything I know to get this to work! Help!!! I have followed all of the instructions and nothing works. My computer will not...
  7. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  8. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  9. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  10. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9