Windows 10: Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving

Discus and support Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About a few days ago out of the blue for no reason or warning, when i'd start up my laptop it would work fine but after i'd log in the whole system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AzureHedgehog, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving

About a few days ago out of the blue for no reason or warning, when i'd start up my laptop it would work fine but after i'd log in the whole system would just freeze after a few minutes, other times instantly after log in. When it freezes it doesn't give me a chance for the start up programs, like my printer software, to load. The mouse would slow down, stop working, or disappear entirely while the keyboard will become useless but the power button would still work. If I do a reset cycle the same issue would just pop up again. I have tried letting it run, I can use it for a bit and copy over some files to a usb but the transfer would get stuck at 99% for ages, eventually process will finish but then after it will lock up.
    I am very concerned as I have a few files on there that i need to access.
    I have tried uninstalling a few programs, and turning on without wifi but no luck. However on January 11th I was able to use it for the entire afternoon but the next day the freezing came back and still occurs.
    I have also tried a System Restore but it just gets stuck at 8%

:)

AzureHedgehog, Jan 12, 2017
  2. Achter88 Win User

Windows update freezes laptop

Hi Paul

Thanks for yor Reply - i didn't help. Now I'm back in "30" seconds of using the laptop, afterwards it freezes again.

As a second idea, i thought i could installed the anniversary update - i hoped it would install it somehow.

Here it stops (after rebooting the system) at 100% of the update.

After an "hard" shotdown, the laptop is not usable anymore - it freezes immediately before i can login.

I used the "go to previous build" to get back.

I have a acer vn7-591G laptop, according to acers Website my laptop should be fine with the annimversary update:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/windows10-update

So i updated all my drivers - and try it again. It stopped again at 100%. After a hard reboot, my laptop is in a circle of starting and shotdown without my control. It just shows for abaout 1 seceond a blue Windows logo (thats new).

The laptop is not useable anymore....

Thank for your Reply.

Best

Update: after resetting the system with an usb-installation i had no problem to install the update.

The only change I made was to unplug my logitech mouse (wireless).

Achter88, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Any Mouse Movement Causes Screen To Freeze

Ive been having this issue for half a week now and i cant find anything online to fix it...When i move the mouse it works fine but after 2-3 seconds of moving it the screen just freezes for a second and its back to normal but it then repeats and freezes
    again.

Lets say im watching a video and i move the mouse the video stops but the audio is fine it doesn't stop or anything but if i dont move the mouse at all there is no interruptions at all.

Also its a laptop im certain the issue is not the mouse because the track pad and the touchscreen have the same issue

thank you,

Z

zaidzaidan, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving

Do you have an AMD Graphics card installed? The same thing happened to my laptop and one other, when Windows updated the driver. I could unload the update, and the PC would work normally. But Windows keeps forcing the update. I just knew that when the freezes happened, the driver had been updated.

midwestraised, Jan 12, 2017
  5. FerchogtX Win User
    FerchogtX, Jan 12, 2017
  6. thanks for all of your suggestions. I think it's got something to do with the USB drive.
    I managed to get on my computer today and it worked fine. I had been using it since about 4pm. it worked fine. When I plugged a USB in a few hours later the entire laptop froze when i tried to copy a folder to USB it froze on 99% and speed transfer went down to 1.1MBPS. Now since then the blue loading wheel shows up, but doesn't move and the whole computer stopped again. It takes about 20 mins or more to recover from this.

AzureHedgehog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving

1. Windows 10 Acer Laptop freezes after login...Mouse stops moving - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop freezes

2. Windows 10 freezes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  3. BATTERY for Acer laptop stopped charging after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BATTERY for Acer laptop stopped charging after Win 10 update: HOW CAN I FIX -- Thank you. Ever since my laptop had a Windows 10 update a few months ago, the battery STOPPED charging -- ACER laptop Aspire E-15 -- I was the following suggested fix online re accessing Deice Manager, tried the steps below but instead I am now getting...
  4. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer

Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop keyboard stopped working. I have tried several recommendations, but nothing seems to work. I'd like describe the situation. As the keyboard stopped working, the turn on button is not function, so to turn on the laptop...
  5. Acer Windows 10 Laptop programs kept freezing

Acer Windows 10 Laptop programs kept freezing: Hello, I recently have technical problems including all of my programs installed on my Acer laptop. As I'm using the pieces of software, I sometimes have them freezing which means that I either have to press the Esc button or just close the program using Task Manager, restart...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  7. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...
  8. Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves

Windows 10 1089 Freezes, Mouse Still Moves: Hi, I have this issue where my PC will slowly freeze and the UI becomes completely unresponsive. It happens randomly and the computer will not aknowledge any form of keyboard input, including Ctrl+Alt+Del or even Ctrl+Win+Shift+B (for restarting the graphics driver). The...
  9. Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10

Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10: If the mouse hovers almost anywhere but the blank desktop it automatically tries to activate whatever it is pointing to. Problems include unwanted opening / closing of apps, selecting and pressing controls and more too numerous to tell. I can't find anywhere to turn off the...
  10. Freeze (crash) after boot or at login screen (only mouse moves)

Freeze (crash) after boot or at login screen (only mouse moves): Hi guys! So basically this started happening after first upgrading to Win10 some time ago. I then reinstalled Win10 (fresh) for a while and it all seemed ok for a short while. Now more and more often my computer freezes making me have to reboot 2 or 3 times after logging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer mouse freezes

2. Laptop profile login freezes windows 10

3. acer freezes after password

4. mouse freezes on acer,
  5. acer aspire laptop freezes after logging in,
  6. acer laptop mouse freezes,
  7. acer laptop freezes unless mouse is moved