Windows 10: Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a 2 year old Acer laptop that uses windows 10. It has been running poorly. I never did the Windows updates because I never had the storage space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abyss_, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Abyss_ Win User

Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset

I have a 2 year old Acer laptop that uses windows 10. It has been running poorly. I never did the Windows updates because I never had the storage space to install the updates, even when I first bought it and I never downloaded anything. recently it started working extremely sluggish and I tried some methods online to help it but to no avail. So I wanted to reset it and remove my files, as if I was factory resetting it. Unfortunately, it spent 30 minutes going from 1% straight to 12% before giving me an error. I tried 3 times before giving up and reloading it. Now it powers up, shows the acer logo, then the screen turns to black before restarting itself and relooping over and over. the only thing I can load is the blue troubleshoot screen that has the advanced options. Everything i try then gives me an error or a reset option which when I reset, only does the loop again. The only thing I can really think of is the commend prompt. If I can get some help with this, that will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Abyss_, Aug 9, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset

Reset failed and now stuck in reboot loop

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the error message that you receive when Reset failed?

2. Are you trying to Reset and Remove Everything or Keep Files?

As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot into the desktop.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once you are able to boot, I would suggest that you try performing the reset again.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset

1. Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset - Similar Threads - Acer stuck restarting

2. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  3. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  4. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%: Recently, I have been getting random bluescreens throughout the day on my HP x360 laptop. In an attempt to fix it, I decided to Reset my device. However, at 64%, it restarted in the middle of it. After restarting, it went to the Reset screen, which was stuck at 64%, for a...
  6. Windows 10 reset stuck in restart loop

Windows 10 reset stuck in restart loop: Hi, I am using a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop and all was going fine till last week when suddenly my laptop started getting blue screen errors on a frequent basis. It got so problematic that every time I restarted the pc it would restart in 5 mins due to a BSOD error. I tried...
  7. Acer with Windows 10 stuck in restart loop

Acer with Windows 10 stuck in restart loop: My Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10 is stuck in a restart loop where it leads me to a blue screen with Advanced options to Reset. I have tried resetting it while choosing to keep my old files. However, this has not fixed the problem. Please help!...
  8. Stuck In Restart Loop After Reset

Stuck In Restart Loop After Reset: Hello, I am runnung Win10 and for a couple of days my PC is running bit slower, buggy and I wanted to do Reset done that couple times before. After Reset is done I ve noticed that my monitor is not turning ON. My TV is connected to PC as well so I turn TV on...
  9. Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.

Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.: I reset my device, cleared all my files, and everything was going smoothly. But, after getting to a certain point in the startup, and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a 'Why did my PC restart?', promt, if you know the one. It says to plug in my PC,...
  10. Stuck Restart loop after network reset

Stuck Restart loop after network reset: After trying to network reset my pc, I let it do its thing and when it restarted, I keep getting “automatic restart windows has ran into a problem” I tried turning off automatic restart on computer error. Trying to run safe mode, cmd prompt, or reseting the computer leads to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer pc looping logo

2. acer laptop stuck in loop trying to reset cant get on win 10

3. it was restarting in a loop and now i’m stuck on a windows logo desktop

4. acer computer stuck at restarting,
  5. acer laptop stuck in restart loop,
  6. acer iconia windows 10 tablet failed to mount failed