Windows 10: Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

Discus and support Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hoodling, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Hoodling Win User

Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop takes much longer to load, and everything is very sluggish. It takes several minutes before I'm able to access certain things, like the action center or the start menu. I'm still able to launch Firefox - and other apps - from the task bar during this period. After things start working, it still takes 2 seconds for the start menu to pop up after I click the start button. Windows Search doesn't work at all, and action center sometimes won't respond at all either. Other things, like surfing the web works semi-normally.

Was there an update that I'm not aware of that may have caused this? Nothing else makes sense. My computer still works fine, nothing has changed, no new installations. It worked normally one day, and the next day I'm having this! *Huh

:)

Hoodling, Jun 8, 2016
  2. JCTex Win User

all of my programs and files are gone

i have been running the same desktop computer with windows 10 for over a year. it started acting sluggish and I restarted it, now all of my programs and files are gone, please help.

JCTex, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 frequently becomes unresponsive

This only started happening after upgrading to Windows 10. Yes, it is a genuine copy, and my computer met the requirements. This happens at least 3 times a day, especially after waking up from standby or when its been left idle. Everything becomes completely
    unresponsive. So much so that I am unable to restart or shut down my computer. It freezes constantly, and acts very sluggish. What do you think could be the problem? Thanks.

Mr. SmokeyMokums, Jun 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Hoodling,

It is difficult to know what may have happened; there were no new updates in the last day or two to the main W10 OS, we are expecting some next week. You could check reliability history to see what may have happened over the last few days (if you are not familiar with this just type Reliability into the search box).

If you have system restore points set you could revert your system back to a point in time when things were normal.

philc43, Jun 8, 2016
  5. Hoodling Win User
    Hi, thanks for responding.

I've managed to solve this issue. It turns out one of the start up items, an app called MSI Fast Boot, was the culprit. I've disabled the BIOS feature of MSI Fast Boot and uninstalled the app. My system seems to be working normally without it. I just don't understand how or why something that's been working fine for months suddenly stopped working. Ah well, not worth another brain-cell! *Smile

Hoodling, Jun 8, 2016
  6. Hoodling, how did you find out it was Fast Boot that was killing your resources? My desktop is also slowing down, also with a SSD.

SixFootEwok, Jun 10, 2016
  7. Hoodling Win User
    Well, I figured I'd try disabling the startup items one by one (selective startup) to see if that helped, and the first item I thought to disable was MSI Fast Boot. Lucky choice, as it turns out. I used Task Manager to disable MSI Fast Boot, did a reboot, and that's that.

Hoodling, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish - Similar Threads - Acting Very Sluggish

2. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  3. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  4. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  5. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  6. Win 10 acting very weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 acting very weirdly: Recently I was just changing drivers for my Wacom tablet, and I restarted the computer, but then it wasn't able to start up and I had to do a reset I tried troubleshooting but all the methods I found didn't work, the so called automatic repair was useless. A lot of my apps...
  7. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish: It happens very rarely, maybe once per 2 months but it usually happens when PC had been running for a while. Windows becomes very slow and unresponsive, programs take ages to open. I thought this was maybe a memory leak but task manager shows low cpu/ram usage. In fact,...
  8. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  9. Windows running very sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows running very sluggish: I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does...
  10. Windows 10 - High CPU Usage - Very Sluggish.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - High CPU Usage - Very Sluggish.: https://i.imgur.com/baTX2SF.png I don't think it should be maxing out my resources with a low intensive game like Dota2 running? 85205

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 acting sluggish