Windows 10: Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

Discus and support Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, For the past couple of days, I have been having an issue with my start menu/action center not opening. Another issue is that all Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VivianD'Souza, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

Hi all,

For the past couple of days, I have been having an issue with my start menu/action center not opening. Another issue is that all Windows 10 apps do not open and display the error: explorer.exe - class not registered.

If anyone could help, that would be great!

Thanks,

Vivian

:)

VivianD'Souza, Aug 2, 2018

2. Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

Hey Friends ,

If you’re not able to open Start Menu, Action Center, Calendar & Batter Status in windows 10 then try this steps as given below.

1.) Logoff the user in which you’re not able to open start menu, action center, calendar & battery status.

2.) login to any other user and then press windows key + R Key (Open Run).

3.) Type this in Run “%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows” ( without ” ) then click ok ( Enter).

4.) One window will Open (popup) there you have to find UsrClass.dat & rename that file to UsrClass.dat.old .

5.) And then restart your system and login to user which u were not able to open action center, calendar & battery status.

NOW ENJOY

MushahidAli_Kazi, Aug 2, 2018
  3. CL111 Win User
    Windows 10 action center will not open and neither will the Windows app

The Windows 10 action center will not open and neither will the Windows Start Menu. I have tried several suggestions from the Microsoft Community but none work.

CL111, Aug 2, 2018
  4. taward Win User

Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

1. Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening - Similar Threads - Action Center Start

2. Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open: So, when I was shutting down my pc and go do something else earlier, when it was shutting down, it was telling me something like file explorer cannot access memory or something, and when I turned on my pc just now, the taskbar was loading significantly slower than before and...
  3. Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Action center and Window Border Transparency In Windows 10.: I want to make my windows 10 taskbar, start menu, action center and window borders transparent in windows 10. I achieved taskbar transparency through tweaking registry.But I dont know how to make start menu, action center and window borders transparent. Could anyone help me...
  4. Can't access the start menu, or action center

Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  5. Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.: Since earlier this year, my Windows 10 Start menu wouldn't have all of the Windows apps icon shown properly (darkened). I found out they were not able to update when I tried to update them. Then, I found out that it was because my Windows Store was not functional and caused...
  6. windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open: Tried about everything in forums, did scans of everything and no errors and did all kinds of virus scans and nothing showing there either. Reg errors all fixed also. Just happened end of Jan 2019 Thank you...
  7. Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10: Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10. I updated Dot Net 2017 Community Edition and after that the start menu and action center is not opening. I tried every possible solution on internet and Microsoft support but it still not working. Please...
  8. Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug: Is there any way to recover a frozen Action Center besides these dated and failed resolutions? This started with the Start Menu on my PC freezing, not responding, or if sucessful pop-up, then not responding to cursor action. After attempting several fixes- Resetting Explorer...
  9. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...