Windows 10: Windows 10 activated after upgrade, now it says its not

Discus and support Windows 10 activated after upgrade, now it says its not in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Home SL to Windows 10 SL last week and it went without a problema it activated ok. Then i did a clean install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by duhast, Aug 9, 2015.

1. duhast Win User

Windows 10 activated after upgrade, now it says its not

Hello,
    I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Home SL to Windows 10 SL last week and it went without a problema it activated ok. Then i did a clean install and it again was activated automatically, today after using it for a while, i saw a message on the desktop right corner claiming Windows was not activated, and i have tried to actívate it but it gives me the typical "The key is blocked" error. Why did the activation changed status when no hardware change has been made. This happened after cleaning Bios by removing the battery.

:)

duhast, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Free Upgrade was activated now it's not after upgraded HD

So I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine copy of Windows 7 Home, no problems. Been using Windows 10 since it came out. I upgraded my system drive from 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (was running out of space) and I used the Samsung drive cloning software.

Windows 10 runs great for over a week, and today I boot up and it tells me to Activate Windows. So I try, then it gives me an error (0xC004C003) and says my license has been banned or whatever. So I contact Windows Support through CHAT, and I have to give
    them my original Windows 7 license number. Then they tell me to wait 10 minutes, as they are generating a new license for Windows 10, then comes back and says oops, sorry, we will have to call you within 48 hours to give you the license number.

Is this correct?

The hard drive is a very MINOR upgrade. Also, I build my own systems and I always buy a genuine copy of Windows.

I must say, while I enjoy Windows 10, this is crazy. Never had a problem updating my systems over Windows 7, and if I did, I was always able to repair it online in a matter of minutes.

Kevin

KEVIN RJONES, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Alan B Win User
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade was activated now it's not after upgraded HD

It's not correct but Maybe Microsoft are having problems dealing with all their new information on activation and the computer that should have generated a new number has crashed?

Alan B, Aug 9, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Well the easy solutions would be call Microsoft and see whether that is exactly the case . Provide them your windows 8.1 keys and they will look into it . You will know the outcome afterwards

sn00ker, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Skylais Win User
    you can try to activate it over the phone by typing slui 4 ​in command prompt, which can be opened by pressing winkey+x, and then selecting command prompt.

Skylais, Aug 9, 2015
  6. duhast Win User
    pone activation didnt work, its funny that after cmos reset i lost the activation, guess ill have to reinstall 8.1 all over again.

duhast, Aug 9, 2015
  7. kelesis Win User
    did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 upgraded and activated successfully a week ago. Then as of yesterday it suddenly tells me no longer activated, and I get the same "key is blocked" error. The only change I made was to put my SP3 in a new Microsoft docking station I purchased. MS support is no help - they don't seem to have any clue what's happening and why I'm getting this error after already having successfully activated.

kelesis, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

try slmgr /ato to re-activate.

Mystere, Aug 10, 2015
  9. kelesis Win User
    Thanks, I've tried that but it doesn't work either. Just spits out the 0xC004C003 error, saying that the specified product key is blocked. This was activated just fine yesterday.

kelesis, Aug 10, 2015
  10. duhast Win User
    Nothing worked but going back to 8.1 then upgrading, then doing a clean install,it definitely sucked!! having in mind i didnt even make a hardware change

duhast, Aug 14, 2015
  11. sbdresner Win User
    Installed RTM from activated insider build 10532 using media tool. It activated itself, but then activation switched off. Reboot brought back activation—but only for a while. I redid the RTM installation, with the same results. Activation goes on and off apparently at random.

Got no joy from MS answers site—all they could do was refer me to Activation FAQ. Explained problem to three different people on MS phone support, but all they did was tell me to purchase product key, with which I could end up with the same problem.

Please advise.

Steve

sbdresner, Oct 22, 2015
  12. Chris2005 Win User
    Chris2005, Oct 24, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Go back to a Windows 8.1 installation and upgrade from that. That is what Microsoft is giving away for free - an upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 - not "upgrades" from insider builds.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2015
  14. sbdresner Win User
    Thanks for trying. But the page does not help, as the comments indicate. I will not do a third clean install and I will not purchase a product key. If this activation maze isn't fixed, I'm more than ready to switch to a Linux distro.

sbdresner, Oct 24, 2015
  15. sbdresner Win User
    The last I read, the RTM could be installed from insider builds. I've already done that twice, and the RTM was activated. But the activation was soon disabled.

sbdresner, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activated after upgrade, now it says its not - Similar Threads - activated upgrade says

2. i updated from activated windows 10 enterprise to windows 11, now its saying its inactivated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i updated from activated windows 10 enterprise to windows 11, now its saying its inactivated.: I got a new laptop that came with windows 10 enteprise. it gives me option to upgrade to windows 11 in the settings, when i upgraded, it asked me the product key which i did not know, and hence the windows 11 stayed inactivated, at that time i didnt know what t do so i...
  3. i updated from activated windows 10 enterprise to windows 11, now its saying its inactivated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i updated from activated windows 10 enterprise to windows 11, now its saying its inactivated.: I got a new laptop that came with windows 10 enteprise. it gives me option to upgrade to windows 11 in the settings, when i upgraded, it asked me the product key which i did not know, and hence the windows 11 stayed inactivated, at that time i didnt know what t do so i...
  4. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  5. Windows 10 wont activate. Says its on another computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 wont activate. Says its on another computer.: Hello. i recently changed my motherboard because i got the 5800X. i am new to PC i didnt know i had to removed windows 10 off my oldest board before it can be reactivated from what i searched. sadly i cant take it off via the cmd option i found because i shipped it to amazon...
  6. Windows 10 saying its not activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 saying its not activated: After upgrading my pc windows is saying that it is no longer activated. I tried troubleshooting but it keeps giving me errors after selecting my pc. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/TraverseAxe [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Activation saying its not activated

Windows Activation saying its not activated: Hey Guys, I recently just upgraded my computer, and with that I got a new Motherboard & CPU. Ever since then i've had a "activate windows" watermark in the bottom right of my screen, and i don't know where I could find my Windows 10 Key, since i upgraded from windows 7 for...
  8. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,: so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until now where my computer says my windows is not activated. Can someone help me get round this issue so I can update my computer...
  9. Microsoft support activated my Windows 10, now its been upgraded to Enterprise and not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft support activated my Windows 10, now its been upgraded to Enterprise and not...: So, I reinstalled Windows 10 Home from a USB and all was good, until I couldn't reactivate Windows using my email even though I had the digital license there. I proceed to contact customer support and the person on the other end was extremely helpful, took control of my PC...
  10. Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade: Hi, I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows." I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows...