Windows 10: Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me

Discus and support Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 version 1607 but for more than a month I have not been able to open Office.I bought a new Packard-Bell imedia with 8.1 already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by marshall, Feb 18, 2017.

1. marshall Win User

Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me

Hi, I have Windows 10 version 1607 but for more than a month I have not been able to open Office.I bought a new Packard-Bell imedia with 8.1 already loaded then in August 2015 it was upgraded free.Just after last Christmas I could not use any of the Office. The only part I want is Word.I have searched all these weeks trying many many solutions online but nothing worked. There is something I have not tried but dont know how to. When it refuses to open office it says I dont have the license key for professional Plus. Well I never did have, mine was the basic one. Could this be the reason and is there a cure? This is my last try as I have tried everything else, maybe it was an update that went wrong. If there is no answer. Then I will close the book and download a free office suite like Softmaker. Thank you ,

:)

marshall, Feb 18, 2017

2. Office 2010 did not transfer from 8.1 to 10

I can't start any of my office 2010 programs. They disappeared when I updated to windows 10. Now when I click on any "Office", its asks if I would like to try, buy or activate Office 365. I do a search for Office 2010 and it sends me to the Microsoft website.
    If I try and activate from my keycode, it tells me that the keycode is not office 2013 and can not validate.

FrankSpotts, Feb 18, 2017
  3. BillGual Win User
    Re-install of Windows 10 throws away MS Office & still doesn't allow activation

I recently accepted Microsoft's invitation to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a fully licensed Windows 7 laptop. Registration directly from Microsoft. After upgrading to Win 10 it would not allow me to "activate". However, my MS Office was
    fully functional. I have the same error everyone else has regarding the Activation error.

I backed out the Win 10 back to Win 7. Everything functional, including MS Office. Then I re-installed Win 10, hoping that this time it would allow Activation. This time however, it did not allow Activation, AND MS Office is uninstalled. I have now backed
    out to Win 7 again and my MS Office is working again.

I am now being pestered by MS messages to upgrade to Win 10, 110 million people already have.

Does anybody know if they have resolved the Activation issues for people that are fully licensed but unable to Activate?

BillGual, Feb 18, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried re-installing the version of office that your license/product key is for?

NavyLCDR, Feb 18, 2017
  5. marshall Win User
    I bought the PC from a shop . It already had Windows 8.1 installed. Office was included in Windows and I have no disk anyway. I was not aware that Office had it's own key although I have since downloaded a number for it from my searches on line. Therefore I can do nothing else.

marshall, Feb 18, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Office is not included in Windows, just is installed in Windows by the vendor of the computer or the end-buyer. Most times the vendors install a Trial version which has to have a purchased Product Key to continue using it. An alternative to the older Microsoft Works that used to be installed is the built-in Wordpad, located in Start, W section of the list and Windows Accessories. It's a Lite version of Word that doesn't have all the features of Word. OEM versions of Windows provided to vendors/builders of computers are now including an offer of the monthly subscription to Office 365. Some other software publishers are using that same subscription-type software such as Adobe Acrobat.

For a free product I install LibreOffice 4 for my older clients, can work with their Microsoft Works files [usually recipes they have typed/saved] as well as with a large number of other formats.

Berton, Feb 18, 2017
  7. marshall Win User
    Thanks for all that, I had no idea,I see things clearer now.I am in Spain and it was a Spanish shop, so the 8.1 was in Spanish. I had seen Office in the system but had not tried it. I took it to a Briish computer shop and had it changed to English. When I paid for the conversion, The guy said, I have put you Office in ,I thought at the time that was a bit cheeky as it is already in there, but now I see that could have been the trial you are talking about. Anyway, along came the upgrade which worked until this year.But that is the end of the story, I have no disks numbers or anything. Thanks

marshall, Feb 18, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Berton, Feb 18, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, right click on MS Office, select Change then hopefully you will be able to run the Repair option. If that doesn't work, you can try Googling for the Office installtion files you need.

Steve C, Feb 19, 2017
  10. marshall Win User
    Hi Steve, thanks, I have already tried it but I tried once more but Office still does not open
    I will try this uninstall pro plus anf if that doesnt work then I will forget it and use the LibreOffice Breton suggested. You see where I have lived for the past 30 years, nobody has a computer they just have these
    dratted phone systems so I have to fend for myself. Thanks

marshall, Feb 19, 2017
  11. Just giving my thoughts on a replacement. If you're used to Windows Office you can try WPS (Yes you can use the full free version for life. No trial). It's the closest to the real thing. Not that others are worse, but I've been using it for years at home, and it looks/feels like my version of Office at work. The Most Compatible Free Office Suite - WPS Office

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 20, 2017
  12. marshall Win User
    OK Bobby,thanks for that, I will give it a go

marshall, Feb 20, 2017
  13. Fafhrd Win User

Office Online is free to use from your browser. No purchase required - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote are available:

Windows 10 activated but the 'Office'  is  now closed to me [​IMG]

Windows 10 activated but the 'Office'  is  now closed to me [​IMG]

You can save the document locally on your PC or using OneDrive. It can also load documents from your PC for reading or editing.

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me - Similar Threads - activated 'Office' closed

2. Windows 10 Daily Gives me the Activate Windows Watermark, But Now There's No Place To...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Daily Gives me the Activate Windows Watermark, But Now There's No Place To...: Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2846. Winver also says This product is licensed to Michael, which is me with admin rights.Settings-Update & Security-Troubleshoot says "No recommended troubleshooters right now”All of a sudden, on a daily basis, I have the "Activate...
  3. Windows 10 Daily Gives me the Activate Windows Watermark, But Now There's No Place To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Daily Gives me the Activate Windows Watermark, But Now There's No Place To...: Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2846. Winver also says This product is licensed to Michael, which is me with admin rights.Settings-Update & Security-Troubleshoot says "No recommended troubleshooters right now”All of a sudden, on a daily basis, I have the "Activate...
  4. Windows 10 Daily Gives me the Activate Windows Watermark, But Now There's No Place To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS 10 OFFICE ACTIVATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 OFFICE ACTIVATION: I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE MY LAP TOP AS THE MOTHER BOARD WAS NOT FUNCTIONING. I INSTALLED MY WINDOWS 10 OFFICE ON THE NEW LAP TOP AND NOW WHEN I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME WORK IT SAYS IT IS NOT ACTIVATED AND I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY IN CONTINUING WHICH IS MOST UNFORTUNATE. i...
  6. Office 10 Not Activating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 10 Not Activating: Today I started getting this error saying my office 2010 isn't activated. [img] Then I get this error when I try to reactivate it by hitting the change product key button? [img] Anybody know what gives or how I can get around this to reactivate my office before the...
  7. Office 10 Not Activating

in Windows 10 Support
    Office 10 Not Activating: Today I started getting this error saying my office 2010 isn't activated. [img] Then I get this error when I try to reactivate it by hitting the change product key button? [img] Anybody know what gives or how I can get around this to reactivate my office before the...
  8. I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.

I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.: In order to use Xbox Game Pass for PC I needed to update to latest version. I followed the steps and now it tells me a I need to activate. I just got off the phone with microsoft, and there wasn't much help. Pretty much told to buy another key. I purchased a computer 4 or...
  9. Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows

Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows: Since upgrading I am being told to activate my windows, I purchased a USB stick from a professional PC store called Centrecom loaded with Windows 10, have never had an issue. How can I resolve this?...
  10. Active Window Closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Window Closes: Anyone have this happen? When I click to open my Gmail icon (Windows 10) and either click or hover over a message the window closes and goes back to the main desktop. No problem on other devices just my desktop. Thanks to anyone who helps....