Windows 10: WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install?

Discus and support WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I new to the forum I'm having issues with deploying out-of the box windows 10 on a Lenovo B50-80EW preinstalled win 7 pro and upgradable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hitman47, Nov 15, 2015.

1. hitman47 Win User

WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install?

Hi guys,

I new to the forum I'm having issues with deploying out-of the box windows 10 on a Lenovo B50-80EW preinstalled win 7 pro and upgradable to win 8.1 Pro however since the new windows 10 update build 1511 ISO I download I thought it would go through OK . without have to do first upgrade install to windows 10

Secure BOOT on UEFI ON

From putting the windows 10 ISO in drive it doesnt prompt for activtion key.
    As soon as network settings prompts I press shift/ Contro / F3

Now in adminstrator Mode I check windows is activated however I have the same model of laptop and I want to mass deploy an image but want to use the OEM key embedded in BIOS to each laptop of this model is this possble to be done as I deploymed on another machine and got message saying this key is already in use is there an issue with the new ISO available from Microsoft .

I also tried fresh install with out no ethernet or wireless connected and still get on same machine windows is activated in audit mode on fresh setup.

please help

thanks
    *Huh

:)

hitman47, Nov 15, 2015
  2. guy3145 Win User

Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi

i installed a new clean installation of windows 10 version 1709.

i need to do a sysprep with generalize. i tried it but i get an error: "sysprep was not able to validate your windows installation review the log file"

any ideas how can i solve this?

Thanks,

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

guy3145, Nov 15, 2015
  3. VAinc Win User
    Sysprep was not able to validate Your Windows installation. Windows 10 anniversary update

Hello.

I have a clean installed Windows 10 pro which was activated by MAK license.

When i tried prepare this system with Sysprep, i got the error message "Sysprep was not able to validate Your Windows installation. ...".

Internet research indicated that such errors happen when system was upgraded to Win 10 from earlier versions. In my case this is a clean installation of Win 10 pro with corporate activation on which i have performed the "anniversary update".

• May it happened because of this update? If so, did Microsoft released a patch/update to solve this issue (which i missed)? Is there exist any workaround to solve this issue?

• If "anniversary update" is not a cause, what would it be?
    Thanks.

VAinc, Nov 15, 2015
  4. WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install?

I'm no expert on this but here is some stuff I noticed with the new ISO's. I did a clean install on a blank hard drive, on my laptop which has an OEM embedded key for 8.0 Core. I was not asked for a key or to select which version to install. 10 Home installed automatically and activated with a digital entitlement and the generic Home key. showkey showed the installed key as YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7 not the Windows 8.0 Core key. Before doing the clean install I had upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro and had a digital entitlement for 10 Pro with the generic Pro key, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. To get back to Pro I had to do a change key and enter the generic Pro key. It upgraded and activated fine. All 4 of my PC's have digital entitlements for 10 Pro with that same generic Pro key. https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html If you go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation look and see what it says for Product key. Mine says this PC is activated with a digital entitlement. To get a digital entitlement for each PC you may have to clean install on each one so the embedded keys are used. They may only be read during the install. Something else you could try is run showkey on each one, read out the OEM key, then see if you can do a change product key on the System page and try entering that key.

alphanumeric, Nov 16, 2015
  5. hitman47 Win User
    Thanks alphanumeric I will give it ago would this be worth running if it activates on sysprep image on the laptop I'm deploying image to in aduit mode windows is activated remove key so each image of same model laptop can get the embedded key to activate correctly?
    SkipRearm

slmgr -rearm

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/legall...out-activating

hitman47, Nov 16, 2015
  6. I don't know? I don't work in IT and don't have any experience with sysprep etc. You know way more about it than I do. It's all changed with Windows 10 and the digital Entitlement, generic keys thing. Plus now reading Windows 8 OEM keys etc. I'm finding new stuff out everyday. There are few smart lads here that can likely help you sort it out. You may just have to be patient and wait for them to be online and see your post.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install?

1. WIndows 10 Activated in sysprep mode from clean install? - Similar Threads - Activated sysprep mode

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Clean Install How to Proceed from Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install How to Proceed from Safe Mode: I have been doing a Windows 10 custom install onto empty hard drives, on a pc that formerly had mac osxHackintosh, Linux and windows. I can install it and I remove the USB installation media when it is says restarting in 10 seconds: If I reboot in normal mode it reaches the...
  6. Clean install in UEFI mode

Clean install in UEFI mode: Hi I am about to receive the bits to upgrade my husbands PC from a simple desktop machine to what the PC Gamer site assures me is a high end gaming machine. However, in the process I want to take the opportunity of also upgrading to a UEFI system from MBR but I'm a little...
  7. Clean install and activations

Clean install and activations: Hello. I have been unable to activate W10 from a clean installation, neither by using a w7 code (COA sticker), neither from those w8.x systems that have activation string encrypted in bios (do you need UEFI/GPT installation for this way to work?). Ideas?. 18064
  8. Windows 10 clean install - fails to activate

Windows 10 clean install - fails to activate: I did a free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro in early July. It hosed my machine, with constant CPU usage of 80-99%. Details are provided here: Windows 10 Upgrade Failure Results in Unusable PC – Specific Questions I struggled to fix it throughout July, and then...
  9. Sysprep Clean 10586 Build

Sysprep Clean 10586 Build: I'm having trouble creating a new clean image with Windows 10 1511 (build 10586). Here are my steps: 1) Download the install using Media Creation Tool (10586) - save to USB drive 2) Install Windows 10 (10586) on a test PC from USB drive 3) At OOBE, CTRL-SHIFT-F3 to get...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...