Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I recently had some problems with my computer, I upgraded over a year ago from Windows 7 to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Yesterday I had to perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Confused2018Activation, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

So I recently had some problems with my computer, I upgraded over a year ago from Windows 7 to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Yesterday I had to perform a "System Restore" in which it deleted most of my programs, luckily I backed up my important things. However Windows is now asking me to activate, it has a watermark in the bottom right of my screen. I retrieved a product key from my computer but I get multiple error codes. The first is "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012."

When I click on troubleshoot I get "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. (0xc0000022)." Even when I am on the internet!

I then click on change my product key and try to put in the key that I have retrieved from my machine and I get this message when entering the key "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc0000022)".

I don't understand what has gone on? I've never had these problems before and I had a genuine version of Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. Do I have to pay for this Windows 10 even though it told me it was a free upgrade at the time? If any other information is required I can provide.

Thank you.

:)

Confused2018Activation, Aug 19, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

1. Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore" - Similar Threads - activation System Restore

2. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...
  3. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...
  4. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore: Hello!A few days ago I had some problems with my Windows 8.1, I think caused by one unsuccessfull update installation. Anyway, I was forced to try a system restore from last 8th of november. After the restoration, the system was estabilished and i could work normally. The...
  6. Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore: Hello!A few days ago I had some problems with my Windows 8.1, I think caused by one unsuccessfull update installation. Anyway, I was forced to try a system restore from last 8th of november. After the restoration, the system was estabilished and i could work normally. The...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD after system restore: Yesterday I did a system restore to try and get back a lost file. After the system restore i was on the login screen and entered my computers pin. It started loading into windows but it was stuck on the buffer screen where it says your username for a long time so i restarted...
  8. Windows Activation issues after a restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation issues after a restore: So, I had an issue with my keyboard inputs and everything and so I restarted my computer and it booted into the restore mode. I restored but it then asked for me activate windows which was odd since I upgraded for free from Windows 7 a while ago. So I was unsure how to...
  9. Windows 10 Activation after Restore

Windows 10 Activation after Restore: Hello, I just recently restored my laptop to its factory settings (losing everything) due to an error in which windows was unable to use the explorer (Black screen with a courser, no task manager, no taskbar, no nothing). After this everything seems to be working fine...
  10. Windows not activated after System Restore?

Windows not activated after System Restore?: I restored my system back a few days because my OS just started falling to pieces with errors. That issue is fixed, but now my windows isn't activated anymore. I have had no hardware changes, since i upgrades from windows 7 except changing the driver for my Ethernet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something interrupted our troubleshooting

2. something interrupted our troubleshooting windows 10 activation

3. i did a system restore and now program asks for activation

4. something interrupted our troubleshooting activation windows 10,
  5. something interrupted our troubleshooting. make sure you are connected to the internet wait a few minutes and try again,
  6. something interrupted our troubleshooting error 0xc0000022,
  7. something interrupted our troubleshooting oxc0000022,
  8. something interrupted our troubleshooting make sure youre connected to the internet wait a few minutes and try again (0x80070003),
  9. does system restore undo window key activation,
  10. somethingn interrupted our troubleshooting,
  11. windows 10 activation something interrupted troubleshooting,
  12. something interrupted our troubleshooting (0x80070017),
  13. something interrupted our troubleshooting 0x80070057 activate windows,
  14. something interrupted our troubleshooting activation