Windows 10: Windows 10 activation after uninstalling

Discus and support Windows 10 activation after uninstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last fall I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home for a laptop that previously had Windows 7 but was not functioning properly. Windows 10 installed just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryanSurrett, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 activation after uninstalling

Last fall I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home for a laptop that previously had Windows 7 but was not functioning properly. Windows 10 installed just fine, but unfortunately a few weeks later the laptop began to malfunction and I thought it had a hard drive failure. After diagnonsing the problem further we found out that the laptop (HP Core i7) did not work well with Windows 10, so we UNINSTALLED Windows 10 and reverted the machine back to Windows 7, and it was happy again.

Where is my license for Windows 10? I purchased a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home in order to be legal and ethical, but my account shows that all I have to show for my money is a receipt that to me is worthless. I paid $119.99 plus tax to Microsoft on October 3, 2017. Yesterday I tried to install Windows 10 on a PC that I am building, and to my dismay discovered that I now have no license and no way to activate Windows 10. How can this be? How can I use the genuine copy of Windows 10 that I purchased?

Thank you,

Bryan

:)

BryanSurrett, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 7, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 activation after uninstalling

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activation after uninstalling

1. Windows 10 activation after uninstalling - Similar Threads - activation uninstalling

2. my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.: my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-flight-simulator-key-will-not-activate-even/550e61c7-2198-4d15-b4db-f48868146877
  3. my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.: my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-flight-simulator-key-will-not-activate-even/550e61c7-2198-4d15-b4db-f48868146877
  4. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  5. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  6. Unable to uninstall Adobe Flash Active X from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall Adobe Flash Active X from Windows 11: I have been looking all over for any clues. I tried the Adobe flash uninstaller but Active X still remains. I tried using the patch in Windows Catalog KB4577586 but it doesn't seem to work on my PC. I tried to delete the contents in the Active X folder but it says I do not...
  7. Unable to uninstall Adobe Flash Active X from Windows 11

Unable to uninstall Adobe Flash Active X from Windows 11: I have been looking all over for any clues. I tried the Adobe flash uninstaller but Active X still remains. I tried using the patch in Windows Catalog KB4577586 but it doesn't seem to work on my PC. I tried to delete the contents in the Active X folder but it says I do not...
  8. Is Asus Device Activation something I can uninstall to make storage space for Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Asus Device Activation something I can uninstall to make storage space for Windows 10...: Is Asus Device Activation necessary or can I uninstall it to make more storage room? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-asus-device-activation-something-i-can/fd177e2d-daff-4e58-9cf3-303adb906943
  9. Is Asus Device Activation something I can uninstall to make storage space for Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Asus Device Activation something I can uninstall to make storage space for Windows 10...: Is Asus Device Activation necessary or can I uninstall it to make more storage room? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-asus-device-activation-something-i-can/fd177e2d-daff-4e58-9cf3-303adb906943
  10. Is Asus Device Activation something I can uninstall to make storage space for Windows 10...