Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation on new Build

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation on new Build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hope I'm right, log on to my Microsoft Account so now they have my key right? Building new machine with new board and cpu, if I read right I load new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Nov 26, 2017.

1. zplugger Win User

Windows 10 Activation on new Build

Hope I'm right, log on to my Microsoft Account so now they have my key right? Building new machine with new board and cpu, if I read right I load new windows10 on new build then log into my Microsoft account for new hardware change? The machine I have now has a digital key. Does this sound right?

:)

zplugger, Nov 26, 2017
  2. edjejong Win User

Can Windows 10 Upgrade reserved for one computer be installed on a new one

hello

you can use your windows 7 /8.1 product key to activate the new windows 10 build version 1511 also called the November update .

so you can download the new build from link below and make a clean install .

Download Windows 10

for more info about activation activation :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

ty edje

edjejong, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Activation on New Build/ Digital License Account Transfer

Digital license objective is an additional means of making reactivation easier if you make significant changes if you change motherboard or decide to move a full retail license to another motherboard.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation
    Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function
    in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 26, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

If your copy of windows 10 was a purchased retail version then you should have no problems. If it's an OEM, then you'll have to purchase a new copy.

OEM = is not transferable and costs from $99 to $129 (Home and Pro)
    Retail = is transferable and costs $199, sometimes you can find some sales on it.

Plankton, Nov 26, 2017
  5. zplugger Win User
    Ok I ran slmgr -dli in command promp and it said retail. So I guess I'm good right?

zplugger, Nov 26, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2017
  7. zplugger Win User
    Think I'm good, Time will tell

zplugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation on new Build - Similar Threads - Activation Build

2. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  3. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  4. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...
  5. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...
  6. How to activate the latest windows build preview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate the latest windows build preview.: i have ben on this version on the preview for sometime now 22623.870. i am notified of the new build being available but for some unknown reasons i am unable to download this. instructions i get is to click to navigate to windows update for it, but this has never yielded the...
  7. How to activate the latest windows build preview.

How to activate the latest windows build preview.: i have ben on this version on the preview for sometime now 22623.870. i am notified of the new build being available but for some unknown reasons i am unable to download this. instructions i get is to click to navigate to windows update for it, but this has never yielded the...
  8. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  9. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  10. Why after microsoft gave me win 10 free. I build a new computer... Auto Activation says I...

Why after microsoft gave me win 10 free. I build a new computer... Auto Activation says I...: I was given windows 10 free by you a long time ago.Did not use it right away.Wanted to stay on 7...Eventually did use it.Did not like it.Reloaded 7...Later reinstalled win 10.I have been hacked a few times.That prompted me to clone my OS. So I have 2 drives with win 10 on it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not activating on new build

2. new build activate windows

3. windows 10 new build activation