Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear MS, We have a lot computer have EM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license and when we installed Windows 10 so we got automatically detect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pongsak Jitauearreekul, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

Dear MS,

We have a lot computer have EM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license and when we installed Windows 10 so we got automatically detect the product key and Activate automatically (refer link below)

Those computer will still in use for 1 or 2 years more. May I know the period of time that we can use this way?

Refer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-install-and-activate-windows-10-using-your/d713f9f9-e91f-4ffe-a3c0-7ef9639a0559

:)

Pongsak Jitauearreekul, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 OEM Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold: Ballmer

It does say "4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold" not "4 Million Individual Windows 8 Licenses Sold". Just because a company like Dell or HP uses volume licenses instead of single system licenses doesn't mean that it isn't included in that number.

Aquinus, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

1. Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license. - Similar Threads - Activation running OEM

2. Windows 8 pro activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  3. Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!...
  4. Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!...
  5. Windows 8 and Windows 10 OEM/Retail Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 and Windows 10 OEM/Retail Keys: I had a laptop running Windows 8 with what I believe was an OEM key however after I upgraded to Windows 10 for free it became a Windows 10 Retail Key? someone explain that to me? And does that mean I'm able to use the key on another device assuming I deactivate it on the...
  6. WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE: Hey guys, i came across this problem recently on a laptop i'm working on. Seems that this laptop came with a win 8 OEM key which is bounded to the MB. HP ENVY Touchsmart is the laptop, now it is running win 10 pro (they probably updated in the past but now it has 2x keys) and...
  7. Running windows 8 upgraded to 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running windows 8 upgraded to 10: My computer crashed hard. I did nothing but come home from work and all I had was Windows 10 lost all my programs Now I get this message that say's to reconnect drive file history. I'm no computer whiz-bang. But I don't understand I have found where drive D is turned off...
  8. Windows 8/10 product licenses

Windows 8/10 product licenses: I have three copies of windows 8/8.1 and have installed them on three PC’s some time ago. Over time hardware has failed and been replaced as well as upgraded to windows 10, but only with two of the three licenses. I’m now replacing the third machine and I want to know how...
  9. What to do with unused Windows 8 OEM software/license?

What to do with unused Windows 8 OEM software/license?: Some time ago I purchased an OEM version of Windows 8 intended for system building (SKU: M17-8100), but never got around to using it, and the package remains sealed. It is possible that I will use it before July 29, in which case the new installation would be eligible for a...
  10. Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

Windows 8 license key on Windows 10: I have Windows 10 on my computer. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 With an unused Windows 8.1 key? Or do i have to downgrade to Windows 8.1, activate it and then upgrade to Windows 10 again? Thanks for replying *Smile 12304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preinstalled laptop windows 10 OEM license

2. oem preinstalled lisence

3. activate preinstalled license

4. activate 8.1 preinstalled 10 2018