Windows 10: Windows 10 activation

Discus and support Windows 10 activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to WTP telling me to activate. I entered the serial without any luck. Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tews, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Tews Win User

Windows 10 activation

I woke up this morning to WTP telling me to activate. I entered the serial without any luck. Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you fix it. Fortunately I had backed up C drive with Macrium. *Huh

:)

Tews, Oct 8, 2014

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Oct 8, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Oct 8, 2014
  4. Windows 10 activation

Hi Tews how did you have win-10 setup ?
    Dual boot / Virtual machine ?

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  5. Tews Win User
    No, it is not a dual boot , and no VM involved. I was just surprised to see that activation request pop up. *Rolleyes

Tews, Oct 8, 2014
  6. caperjack Win User
    sounds like you made the assumption that win10 was/is stable ,remember its only a preview /beta os for now ,not meant to replace your main windows OS

caperjack, Oct 8, 2014
  7. unifex Win User
    Interesting. I activated soon after installing - it told me that I cannot personalize before activating. That's where I connected to the Internet and pressed "activate". In a second or so it told me I'm done, never asked for the serial.

unifex, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Windows 10 activation

FWIW no I haven't seen any popups yet = fingers crossed *Wink
    I installed on top of a win 8.1 install so I never had to enter a activation key
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  9. It doesn't sound like this to me, it sounds like Tews was prompted to activate Windows 10 TP but the key didn't work so simply asked if anyone else has seen this issue.

JDobbsy1987, Oct 8, 2014
  10. Hi

I've been asked to enter the confirmation code but no serial number.
    It took me many tries before they actually sent me a code but it did finally work.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 8, 2014
  11. Kari Win User
    Clean install, didn't even ask the product key, was activated automatically.

12. Tews Win User
    Thats how I did it ... clean install ... thats why I was surprised when all of the sudden, it wants me to activate ... *Sad

If worse comes to worse, I can always wipe the drive and start over again, but I really dont want to have to do that if I dont have to ...

13. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 activation

You might want to check if the "Software Protection" Service is running.

topgundcp, Oct 8, 2014
  14. Tews Win User
    Well, as long as it stays activated, I'm going to leave it as it is, but if it asks me again, i'll wipe the drive and start over. *Tongue

15. caperjack Win User
    that too!

caperjack, Oct 9, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10 activation

1. Windows 10 activation - Similar Threads - activation

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  5. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  6. windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation: unable to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation/5c19f108-3a18-4bb2-a06c-a52cc1df38a9
  7. windows activation

windows activation: unable to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation/5c19f108-3a18-4bb2-a06c-a52cc1df38a9
  8. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  9. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  10. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11