Windows 10: Windows 10 activation.

Discus and support Windows 10 activation. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In january I bought a new pc. And my friend put a licenced windows 8.1. Then came the upgrade to windows 10. And evrything was ok. A while after I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lorddenis, Dec 4, 2015.

1. lorddenis Win User

Windows 10 activation.

In january I bought a new pc. And my friend put a licenced windows 8.1. Then came the upgrade to windows 10. And evrything was ok. A while after I got windows 10 I had to get a new mother board (my old one died) and now it say's in the right corner that i have to activate windows.

I tried the help desk and other forums and they said that the only way was to re-instal win 8.1 activate it and then upgrade to win 10. is there any other way ?
    I read something about a activation fix that microsoft will release?

Thank you for your time.

:)

lorddenis, Dec 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Dec 4, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

Windows 10 activation.

Enter your Win 8 key (assuming it's retail and has transferability)

With the new version there is no need to go through the whole upgrade malarky.

Superfly, Dec 4, 2015
  5. lorddenis Win User
    Did that and I got this error: 0xc004e016 (i trible checked and the key was entered properly).

lorddenis, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    The key is not valid for the edition you installed.

Assuming you have 10586 installed, run ShowKey to check your key edition first.

Also run this in Powershell:
    slmgr -dlv

Superfly, Dec 4, 2015
  7. lorddenis Win User
    Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA728

Installed Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-3V66T

Original Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-F3JKB (this is the one i got for the win 8.1 i entered this one)

Original Edition: Win 8.1 RTM Professional Retail

OEM Key: OEM key not present in firmware

in the attachments is the other thing:

lorddenis, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Superfly Win User

Windows 10 activation.

Update to edition 10586 to activate... otherwise you have to go through the whole update routine (from Win8).

Superfly, Dec 4, 2015
  9. lorddenis Win User
    Thank you ! did the update (it was a long one). After it was done I entered the code and it activared.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

lorddenis, Dec 5, 2015
  10. rsburks Win User
    I find this thread interesting since the key numbers I found on my new laptop are exactly the same. I just purchased a refurb HP Elitebook from Newegg originally with Win 7 but refurb'd with Win 10 Pro with a valid COA sticker but the sticker is missing several characters as if there was a pull tab on it to hide these characters on purpose. And when I exposed the key it was exactly what is show in this tread. But when I rec'd the laptop and tried to add additional users it required me to active the OS which promptly failed. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Of course the COA does not match the key embedded in the OS but here is the KEY that I did find. Prod Code: 00330-80000-00000-aa678 / KEY: vk7jg-nphtm-c97jm-9mpgt-3v66t. The COA on the sticker is missing the first two segments. It seems to me like the first part should be somewhat standard but I have had no luck finding anything close to try. The COA looks like this. the question marks show the characters that are missing and I have purposely excluded the last section for security reasons. X????-????H-XCY8C-9FYPK-<removed>. if you have any suggestions on the missing "????-????" characters it would be helpful. -AudioXTC

rsburks, Dec 1, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Dec 1, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    There are 110 075 314 176 key combinations to find those missing chars. With Win 7 key checking taking up to 40 sec (on my PC) with ShowKeyPlus, looping through them is easy, but it will take ~140 years to check all.

So unless we get access to a super-computer at NASA...

Superfly, Dec 2, 2017
  13. Smarpey Win User

Windows 10 activation.

Hmm happened to me also but it somehow went away after a recovery of the system.

Smarpey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activation.

1. Windows 10 activation. - Similar Threads - activation

2. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  3. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  4. Windows Firewall not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  5. Windows Firewall not active

Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  6. What is an organistations activation server?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is an organistations activation server?: So i woke up and my windows 10 pro said it needed to be activated and when i type in my product key i get this message : We cant activate windows on this device because we cant connect to your organisations activation server 0x8007232b. Please help me....
  7. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  8. What is an organistations activation server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is an organistations activation server?: So i woke up and my windows 10 pro said it needed to be activated and when i type in my product key i get this message : We cant activate windows on this device because we cant connect to your organisations activation server 0x8007232b. Please help me....
  9. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  10. What is an organistations activation server?