Windows 10: windows 10 added a second user account sort of

Discus and support windows 10 added a second user account sort of in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I set up a lot of pc's and I've had this problem before with windows 8.1. I set up a single user account with Microsoft account (email and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zpanama, Apr 2, 2016.

1. zpanama Win User

windows 10 added a second user account sort of

Hi,
    I set up a lot of pc's and I've had this problem before with windows 8.1. I set up a single user account with Microsoft account (email and password). Then I want the pc to never ask for password, so I run userpasswords2 and uncheck so password is never asked for and we go right to desktop on startup. I'm setting up 2 laptops right now and 1 works fine.

On the second laptop, windows 10 created a quasi-user in addition to the user account. quasi has same name, same email, and it doesn't exist in control panels/user. It has a shorter version of the user name when I sign in, i.e., name is Rancho and it auto displays ranch as the user name on log in screen, so I know Windows did this somehow.

When I turn on laptop or restart, instead of going straight to desktop, it shows log in screen. it says it cannot connect (connection is wi-fi, no other pc's have connect problem), it says there is a problem and I have to sign in. it has 2 accounts in lower left corner (both have the same account name and email). if I click on the top, it is the ms account, it supplies the email and logs in with just a password. If I click on the ranch account, it puts ranch in the user name, logs in with same password.

I'm guessing I have to add administrator account #2, delete the messed up account #1 and recreate it, then delete #2. trying to avoid that fun if possible. and it didn't work on windows 8.1 when this happened.

any ideas on how this silliness happens? Is there a fix?
    thanks, tom

:)

zpanama, Apr 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 mail app crashes

Today the windows 10 email app would quit seconds after opening. I tried everything that I could find and nothing seemed to work. I then decided to open the user settings and I deleted all windows email accounts from the app.

I next opened the Mail App and added an account and synced the email. While waiting I went back to the user settings and added a second account. Now the Windows 10 works again.

StevenBarlett, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Adding a second local user account

If your first account is a Microsoft account, some of the options might have different names:

Steps:

settings

Family and other users

Add someone else (under other users)

Person doesn't have an email

Add without Microsoft Account

then fill out the wizard.

If not, then Sathish's article will apply.

jcomputer21, Apr 2, 2016
  4. windows 10 added a second user account sort of

no solution but I have standard user and admin accts. both using the same PWL on both my Windows 10 OS on this PC on separate NTFS volumes and it did that also .

I use std user accts. on the web to keep some nasty's out things they don't need to be in like the MBR or syst 32 etc. *really

blutos cousin, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 added a second user account sort of

1. windows 10 added a second user account sort of - Similar Threads - added second user

2. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  3. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  4. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  5. adding second account to Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    adding second account to Microsoft store: I have one Microsoft account account A linked to my PC, and I purchased an app, unintentionally using my other Microsoft account account B. I tried adding Account B as a family member in the PC's settings, but it still won't allow me to access the Microsoft store with Account...
  6. second user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    second user account?: How do i remove shortcut from other users start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/93f15127-924f-43c4-81be-367a7c6d8a4f
  7. SECOND USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SECOND USER ACCOUNT: How do I remove an icon shortcut from second users account on the home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/f596a990-b71c-4aea-adde-37f5faea7b43
  8. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  9. Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account": I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But when I click add device it's only talking about xbox's, and such, is there any way to add a second computer....
  10. Help sorting user account name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help sorting user account name?: Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is . I’m trying to determine what...