Windows 10: Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've noticed that whenever I plug in a usb thub stick or hard drive Windows 10 (Build 9879) is automatically creating empty Videos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GrimGriefer, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that whenever I plug in a usb thub stick or hard drive Windows 10 (Build 9879) is automatically creating empty Videos, Music, Downloads etc folders everytime.

This is quite annoying, anyone know how to turn this off?

Thanks

:)

GrimGriefer, Dec 18, 2014

2. FIles/Folders Disappear When Copied - Windows 10 Anti-Malware Defense?

Files and folders were added to the Windows 10 disk while it was attached to a Windows 7 system. So the Windows 10 disk was being used as a USB device, but with full admin rights on the Windows 7 system and again on Windows 10.

Files and folder are there in Windows 7 and when you boot into Windows 10 they are not.

W. Edwards, Dec 18, 2014
  3. Save photo folders

I have many photo folders to save to a removable USB device. I already got this device added in Settings. How do I transfer my photo folders to this USB device?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Cece Puede, Dec 18, 2014
  4. linw Win User

Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices

Weird. Doesn't do that here. Doubt if it's a 'feature' that can be turned on or off.

Sort of looks like it is creating a set of user files.

I watch with interest!!

5. Annoying. This could be bug or developers at Microsoft trying to come up with another glitches.

alexgrossman, Dec 18, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    Not happening to any of mine either, are you sure they are generated by windows, not some MM programs ?

CountMike, Dec 18, 2014
  7. Winuser Win User
    I've never heard of windows doing this. I agree with CountMike. Maybe a MM program is doing it.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2014
  8. adamf Win User

What is a MM program?

adamf, Dec 18, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    What is a MM program? MM = Multi Media, music, video etc.

CountMike, Dec 18, 2014
  10. adamf Win User
    Thanks. I tried looking but only got courses in Moderation Management, Master of Management etc.

I don't get these folders created either but I only have a few programs installed.

adamf, Dec 18, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    iTunes, Winamp, XMP ????

CountMike, Dec 18, 2014
  12. adamf Win User
    Nope. VLC is enough for me...

adamf, Dec 18, 2014
  13. Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices

Just a thought

Check in device manager to see if they show as a portable media device, if it does disable it in this section

in 8, my external devices occasionally show up as a media device and when I use WMP it wants to sync my music/videos to the device, only way to stop it is to disable as above

disabling does not affect using it as a USB storage device

phone is correct in the below as it is a media device, other 2 are just usb devices, not media ones

Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices [​IMG]

paulsalter, Dec 18, 2014
  14. dtong22 Win User
    I am sure it is Cteating folders in other partitions. And whenever it was updating (a lot) it also created hd error if I shut down prematurely. I never had trouble with 7 preview. I have deleted win 10 already until this bug is sorted out. It is a pain. Win 7 was a blessing compared with Visa. What a diff!

Daniel, Toronto

dtong22, Dec 20, 2014
  15. Mystere Win User
    Nobody else seems to have this problem, nor am I finding any other reports of this issue doing a google search.

While it's not impossible that it's a bug in the OS, the more likely culprit is that it's something else you've installed that isn't compatible with Windows 10.

Mystere, Dec 20, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Adding Folders to USB Devices - Similar Threads - Adding Folders USB

2. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  3. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  4. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adding devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding devices: I have a Microsoft account allowing me to register up to 5 devices. I have 3 registered. I am trying to register another 2 but I'm getting the message that the system is not recognizing their serial numbers. What can I do?ThanksJerry...
  6. Adding a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device: I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device/f163f0c0-dfd6-46d6-9dea-da6700bcd9dd
  7. Adding Device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Device: I want to download whiteboard. I have added my laptop to Microsoft by going to my accounts and logging in into Microsoft. But when I try to download whiteboard, it says my device is not listed and suggests me to do things which I actually did....
  8. adding folders in Windows 10 email

adding folders in Windows 10 email: I recently purchased a SurfacePro. I am trying to set up folders in the Mail account and it is not working. I have right clicked and left clicked--have followed instructions but cannot get the + sign to appear beside Folders. I have turned the machine off and I have...
  9. Adding folders in Mail for Windows 10

Adding folders in Mail for Windows 10: Just setting up my email on new computer. Can't seem to locate the + icon in mail to add more folders. I've troubleshooted as per Windows Help titled "How do I add or remove folders in mail for windows 10". Did mail & calender update, turned computer off & on. Still nothing....
  10. Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail: When first opening Windows 10 Mail I found that it had imported my 'live mail address and named Folders for My Contacts' - Excellent!!! However when adding another account (TalkTalk) I can find no way to create new Named Folders other than the default ones already there,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 automatically adding folders to USB