Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrator Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrator Problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Having an issue with the Windows 10 upgrade. I am not sure that I am going to explain this well. I am upgrading on a Lenovo T420 from Windows 7. I was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HisTreeNut, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Administrator Problem

Having an issue with the Windows 10 upgrade. I am not sure that I am going to explain this well. I am upgrading on a Lenovo T420 from Windows 7. I was not going to upgrade right away to Windows 10 until I could read about it and some of the early bugs were worked out, but the update was started accidentally...unbeknownst to me.
    The install started & I got through the install while reading about it on a different device. I thought I had it all set right, set the password, computer was running good, and at that point Windows 10 was fine...I liked it.
    I always shut the laptop down when I am done to save on battery. When the computer restarted that was when the problems started. I tried downloading some pictures and it said I "did not have permission" "Check with your administrator." Checked the admin settings and everything seemed to be set the way it should. Logged out/shut down because I had some errands to run.
    I got back on later but instead of going to a password start like it had been doing, it went automatically to the administrator account instead. I get errors saying that I "cannot open apps from the administrator account." But when I log out of the administrator account and log back on, it goes right to the administrator account again.
    I did some quick searching and the other user account is still on the hard drive.
    My questions are:
    1) How do I log out of the admin account to log onto the other account?
    2) Is there a way to merge the users?
    3) Can I move the stuff from the other user to the admin account, change some settings, and just use that?
    4) Should I/ Can I create a password for the admin side and will that allow me to log off the admin account & then log in to the other user account?
    Any suggestions or help will most appreciated. I am not liking Windows 10 at the moment.
    Thanks!

:)

HisTreeNut, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Administrator Problem

Bumping this post with a little more detail...

I like the Windows 10 interface and it worked great until I restarted the computer...about 10 minutes of error free usage, maybe. The upgrade seemed easy enough and self-explanatory. I was not going to upgrade right away, but the download was started accidentally.
    Issues...???
    1) I cannot log on to the original "user" that was on my laptop when Windows 10 was installed. The user is on my c: drive, but Windows 10 logs on as the admin identity.
    2) Under the admin identity, I get an error that says "Xxxx program cannot be opened with the built-in administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again." Microsoft Edge is a notable example.
    3) I tried to add a new user and nothing happens. Windows tries to open a dialogue box but it disappears instantly.
    4) I cannot save pictures to the account, I get an error to the effect of I "don't have permission to do that."
    5) Both Windows Defender & my virus software are turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn either one on.
    6) Chrome & Mozilla seem to work but I get pop-ups constantly. Microsoft Edge does not and I get the error mentioned above.
    7) I thought I could revert back to Windows 7 and re-install but I have to delete the new user account created first. I cannot do that because it is the only account listed and the only one I can log onto.
    8) I cannot access my Office Suite from the Admin identity per se. If I go to the original user on the C: drive, go to the desktop folder, I can start the Office programs. But it says I have 30 days to register them (now 25).
    These are my issues so far.
    I am fortunate that this is a new to me laptop I guess and I do not have a lot information & documents on it yet. I am just glad I did not try to install my daughter's foreign language program on it. I am a bit frustrated and irritated.

Any solutions or ideas? I am looking through the tutorials for ideas.

HisTreeNut, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Bubbles Win User

I seem to be in the same boat.

I'm on a Lenovo y-50 and upon upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I noticed that my primary account ( which does indicate has administrator rights ) is limited when attempting to install programs or run applications (as I'm forced to right click everything and run as administrator) So at that point I enabled the hidden Admin account on Windows 10 and proceeded to use it as my primary account. Everything seems to work flawless now apart from not being able to open certain applications such as Microsoft Edge, the built in Mail app, and the Microsoft Store. I've been searching all over and still have yet to find a solution to these issues. I feel it should be possible to use the regular accounts as opposed to the Administrator....

as far as your issues go you should be able to switch between accounts by Logging off your computer (Windows key + L) and selecting the alternate account in the bottom right hand corner.

Bubbles, Aug 12, 2015
  6. slovakish Win User
    I have same problem but I have no lenovo PC or hardware, custom built computer there are temporary fix for the file saving but thats about it, looking for a permanent solution to the problem

slovakish, Aug 12, 2015
  7. That did not work. It still only sees the administrator account.

HisTreeNut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Administrator Problem

1. Windows 10 Administrator Problem - Similar Threads - Administrator Problem

2. Computer Administrator account problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Administrator account problem.: I have a big problem now..I was making new administrator account. and I was in hurry at the moment, I cant remember what i clicked. i remember it would be a quick add. I made my account. I gave it administrator. they required me to quick add? Maybe. I thought mail would be...
  3. Computer Administrator account problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Administrator account problem.: I have a big problem now..I was making new administrator account. and I was in hurry at the moment, I cant remember what i clicked. i remember it would be a quick add. I made my account. I gave it administrator. they required me to quick add? Maybe. I thought mail would be...
  4. Computer Administrator account problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator problems on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator problems on my PC.: It seems that MS Edge has compromised my PC. I cannot access any functions I did previously with my original Admin login. It is requiring a different microsoft id. don't know how this happened. need to change my admin access back to what it was before. Please help.It would...
  6. Administrator problems on my PC.

Administrator problems on my PC.: It seems that MS Edge has compromised my PC. I cannot access any functions I did previously with my original Admin login. It is requiring a different microsoft id. don't know how this happened. need to change my admin access back to what it was before. Please help.It would...
  7. Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  8. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  9. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  10. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization