Windows 10: Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

Discus and support Windows 10 (Administrator Rights) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, In the Control Panel (Users) i have administrator rights, but when i try to do some changes or save a file (for example on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aalmeida1972, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

Hi,
    In the Control Panel (Users) i have administrator rights, but when i try to do some changes or save a file (for example on c:/windows/............../etc), it appears on screen "acess denied". Is there a way to solve it, like super administrator as it was on windows 8?
    Thanks

:)

aalmeida1972, Jul 3, 2016
  2. sankaido Win User

Windows 10 administrator rights

with respect, the reply does not adequately respond to the issue raied.

sankaido, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 administrator rights

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Let us restart the computer in Windows safe mode, log into the first admin account and check if you are able to access the files and delete the 2nd admin account.

Let us refer to the following article to restart the computer in safe mode

Boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode

If issue persist let us restart the computer in Windows clean boot and check.

Refer to the article below to start the computer in Clean Boot. (The suggestions in the article also applies to windows 10 as well)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from
    section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting”
    to reset the computer to start as usual.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Jul 3, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

Welcome to the forum.

There is the built in Administrator account but you really should not be using that for general use. It is a security risk and you will find there is much that will not work.

With UAC enabled even an admin level account has by default only standard account rights. Full admin rights are available only on request and only temporarily. This is a security measure that goes back to Vista. Disabling UAC is not recommended and particularly difficult in Windows 10.

LMiller7, Jul 3, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Take ownership of the files/folders:
    Take ownership of files and get full access in Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

1. Windows 10 (Administrator Rights) - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights

2. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  3. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  4. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator rights: HI @emmanuel SantanaI'm trying to update host file within: Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hostsI'm able to write within the the host file but I'm not able to replace the file as an administrator as per below snippet.Thanks in advance.Sergio...
  5. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: HI @emmanuel SantanaI'm trying to update host file within: Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hostsI'm able to write within the the host file but I'm not able to replace the file as an administrator as per below snippet.Thanks in advance.Sergio...
  6. Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........: ........from within my own account ? Can I then restore them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-lower-my-administrator-rights/29be38eb-21d1-403b-a6f2-46fe70d76207
  7. Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........

Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........: ........from within my own account ? Can I then restore them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-lower-my-administrator-rights/29be38eb-21d1-403b-a6f2-46fe70d76207
  8. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  9. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  10. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...