Windows 10: Windows 10 administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My kid used my Hp elite and set his self as the admin by creating a microsoft account, now im not able to make changes to my computer. He tried to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by boggsc71, Dec 13, 2016.

1. boggsc71 Win User

Windows 10 administrator

My kid used my Hp elite and set his self as the admin by creating a microsoft account, now im not able to make changes to my computer. He tried to reverse this by removing my computer from his devices on his microsoft account. Now when i try to sign in as admin it say that the password is incorrect. Please help

:)

boggsc71, Dec 13, 2016

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Dec 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Dec 13, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 administrator

Hello boggsc71 and welcome to the forums. First have him set your account as an Administrator account. You can have more than one admin account. If you want then either one of you can change his account to a user account or a local account. This will tell you how. Account Type - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

essenbe, Dec 13, 2016
  5. boggsc71 Win User
    When i try to do anything i get a popup that reads; Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? To continue enter admin user name and password. But there's no where to enter a password or user name.

boggsc71, Dec 13, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Dec 13, 2016
  7. Wullail Win User
    Wullail, Dec 13, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

Windows 10 administrator

The UAC popup will offer you the name of an admin account and ask for its password, with the option of choosing another admin account if one is available. The fact that it doesn't offer any accounts to use suggests that there are no longer any local administrator accounts left on this PC.

The only way to make one or promote an existing account to an administrator is to use option 4 in the tutorial and enable the built-in Administrator.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...filter#option4

9. boggsc71 Win User
    boggsc71, Dec 16, 2016
  10. boggsc71 Win User
    When i get this popup it does not give me anyplace to enter user name or password!

boggsc71, Dec 16, 2016
  11. Bree New Member
    That confirms what I said earlier - there are no admin accounts on this PC any more!

12. boggsc71 Win User
    Ok after i enable the built-in administrator how do i log on as that admin? When i go to start and try to change accounts the only one that shows up is the standard account im on now.

boggsc71, Dec 16, 2016
  13. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 administrator

14. boggsc71 Win User
    Thanks so much for your help! I was able to boot in safe mode then set a new admin , now im able to make changes to my computer!
    You guys are awesome!

boggsc71, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 administrator

1. Windows 10 administrator - Similar Threads - administrator

2. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  3. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  4. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  6. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  7. Administrator or Administrator ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator or Administrator ?: What if any difference is there between the 2 administrator options shown in attached screen shot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-or-administrator/923c1fd7-8dc6-4225-b4c0-5074b678b2ff
  8. Administrator or Administrator ?

Administrator or Administrator ?: What if any difference is there between the 2 administrator options shown in attached screen shot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-or-administrator/923c1fd7-8dc6-4225-b4c0-5074b678b2ff
  9. windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...: your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available contact it helpdesk for more information...
  10. windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...

windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...: your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available contact it helpdesk for more information...