Windows 10: Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz

Discus and support Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to login as administrator after I've tried removing the sign-in password from "netplwiz". I get a pop up when I try to install anything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SundeepGottipalli, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz

I'm unable to login as administrator after I've tried removing the sign-in password from "netplwiz". I get a pop up when I try to install anything and the "YES" option to grant rights is disabled.

please help.

:)

SundeepGottipalli, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz :(

Zakin, Aug 18, 2018
  3. FiiLeTe Win User
    Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz

unable to remove windows logon password

i misunderstood step 'D' I thought I was choosing another windows password, completely missed the 'auto sign in' title
    will try again....
    but in windows 7 in control panel user accounts there was an option to,remove password.....thanks for your help...fingers crossed

reddwarf4ever, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz

1. Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz - Similar Threads - adminstrator account missing

2. On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user: Good afternoonI have problem with this invited user it won't get deleted i try every method and i want to know about invite user stand for what bc i can't access to it and when i had pc before it was only on user administrator and non invited one...
  3. On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user: Good afternoonI have problem with this invited user it won't get deleted i try every method and i want to know about invite user stand for what bc i can't access to it and when i had pc before it was only on user administrator and non invited one...
  4. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  5. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  6. netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?

in Windows 10 Support
    netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?: Is it true that they removed netplwiz form version 20H2? If was used to save passwords and autologon in Windows... 169395
  7. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?: Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-password-feature-is-removed-from-netplwiz/16e91d48-ba5b-43fb-981f-6efeed94d156
  8. Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz: Recently, a tech support from Microsoft changed the account type in my Windows 10 local account listed as (Other : Home Users, ?) to Administrator using the NETPLWIZ command. After he did some work on my computer, he changed the account type of the account back to (Other :...
  9. remove Microsoft adminstrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove Microsoft adminstrator account: first sorry if my english is not good!. my laptop was recently free upgrade to window 10 with no user and password yet, just administrator. Then when i open microsoft store and trying to download some game it require me to create an microsoft account. I did register one...
  10. incorrect password after netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    incorrect password after netplwiz: Hello. I wanted to disable login password to I ran netplwiz and unchecked that requirement. It worked, but now when I turn on my computer, it says my password or username is incorrect. I click ok and it gives me two "users" on the lower left hand corner. I choose the correct...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adminstrator account missing

2. netplwiz lock adminstrator out

3. netplwiz account disappeared