Windows 10: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Discus and support Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When they gave them everything and much much more (Vista) they squealed blue murder, now they get less and it starts all over. +1. Some people live to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 9, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

+1. Some people live to complain. Nothing new here, IMO. *Wink
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 11, 2014
  2. Mystere Win User

Most people do *NOT* have Start8 or Classic menu. Most people don't even know those programs exist. of all the Windows 8 machine's I've seen over the last year, I've only seen a start menu replacement on a handful of them (that's hundreds of other machines).

Second of all, people do in fact complain about battery life of Windows 7 on machines built for Windows 8, and Aero is one of the reasons for that. Machines built for Windows 8 are lower spec, and have smaller batteries (to make them lighter and smaller), and thus don't last as long.

Mystere, Oct 11, 2014
  3. A Guy Win User
    Mr. Grim's Windows 10

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod [​IMG]

Not completely my style, but looks like 10 will theme as well as 8 does.

A Guy, Oct 12, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Just for kicks I downloaded a thirty day trail version of Windowblinds and installed it on 10, and it worked just fine. . .so if you want glass use windowblinds. . . Oh darn!. . .forgot most of you guys don't want to use third party stuff (it might cost you a few dollars.

5. unifex Win User
    We are talking about Desktop PCs here, which do not run on batteries. Why should the Desktop PC look ugly? Just because some cheap tablet should look the same? Who said they should all look the same, what is this, North Korea *Wink?

unifex, Oct 12, 2014
  6. unifex Win User
    It's not about the money. Windowblinds do slow down your system if it's not top notch where you can't see it. I know, because I had it before. Aero does not take as many resources.

Moreover, most themes, like Mr. Grim's, require UXTheme or some other patch to Windows system files, which not everyone is comfortable with.

unifex, Oct 12, 2014
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    I do not understand the anti-Aero sentiments, I see no problem with giving people a choice. Also, Windows 7 had the option to turn everything off, which extended battery life. So I just don't see that as a valid argument.

Oh, and I don't know anyone running windows 8, that doesn't have a third party start menu, different circles of friends I guess. I am curious when you say "Most", has there been a survey posted someplace?

Trust_No1, Oct 12, 2014
  8. Mystere Win User

Your problem is that you assume your experience, and your skills on everyone. Yes, if everyone were like you, Microsoft could do a lot of things and give you a lot of choices. But they're not. Most people know nothing about computers, and they just use them in the same manner as they get them. This is the vast majority of users. These are the people that clog up support phone lines whenever something goes wrong. These are the people that bring back their computers to the store because the battery life sucks (even though they could have configured it to use less battery power). These are the people that get a million viruses because they click on everything and open every attachment that gets sent to them.

One of Microsoft's responsibilities is to reduce support costs. Not just for them, but for their OEM's and retailers. That means getting rid of popular things which can cause support issues in some cases.

I'm not talking about my 'circle of friends'. I work in technology, I literally see thousands of computers every year. Both in home and corporate settings. I see what the 99.999% of people who do not post on message boards do.

Your friends all have start menu replacements because you most likely told them that they should get them. So that is a flawed sample. Your sample has been influenced by your own bias.

The fact is, most people don't use third party tools like that.. they don't know they exist.

Mystere, Oct 12, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    As you mentioned in an earlier post has there been a survey to determine what percentage of Win7 and/or Win8.x users make use of a third party start menu?? As far as I can tell none has been done so it seems that your overstating your claim.

If you want eye candy then add it but MS supplying it would be just more bloat to a very nice OS. IMO

And if MS did include it they would have to have it turned off as the default, IMO, to reduce the confusion on learning how to disable it. While options are nice this one is not needed and if someone wants eye candy.. just add a third party option.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 12, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    I can understand that, but how about giving those advanced users, who wish to use Aero the option to turn it on? If you are correct about most computer users, they probably wouldn't even realize the option was available and as such, wouldn't give MS support extra headaches.

LittleJay, Oct 12, 2014
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Just another one of those post about how something slows your system down. . .

12. LMiller7 Win User
    Most people know little about computers and don't want to learn. They will learn what they have to but resent the need. A computer is just a tool to get the job done, even if that job is just playing games.

Designing an OS or other software is all about making decisions. Often they are difficult. Sometimes they are very difficult. Sometimes no matter what decision you make somebody will say it was a stupid one.

Providing options to give the user the choice doesn't solve the problem. One of the major complaints about software is that there are too many options. Adding options increases development and support costs. Physically adding an option is only the beginning. The text of the option must be translated into many languages and then submitted for usability testing. This testing will often reveal that the option is too confusing and must be changed. Better documentation doesn't help because most people won't read it.

All of this comes from highly experienced developers who deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis.

LMiller7, Oct 12, 2014
  13. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Except we have been using that since Vista and now it is not in the system. We who like Aero are simply asking for it to be put back in. It is like saying FAT32 will no longer work with your PC. No exceptions. I think you will find there are no 6GHZ CPU's but there are plenty of $1000 video card.

Indianatone, Oct 12, 2014
  14. Aero is not a theme as such. It is a graphics subsystem on which the themes are built. There are plenty of third party themes that rely on Aero being in the system. I don't want my system patched with third party hacks for it to look pretty when it already does on Windows 7.

15. It is NOT the money, I have spent thousands on my systems and have some really good software to run on it. Map programs such as MapPoint Europe and MapPoint USA. Office 2010, numerous versions of Windows 7, and even 8 Pro. All I want from my Windows 10 is Aero. Don't care one iota about start menu or filemanager as I'll be using Classic Shell and Directory Opus , http://zabkat.com/index.htmor , XYplorer - A Windows File Manager and Explorer Replacement as I have them all and use the one that takes my fancy. I have always bought something I liked and Windows 7 is the best I have seen and used so far.

Thema:

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Similar Threads - 'Aero Glass' theme

2. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  3. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  5. Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?

Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?: I know that Winaero has a glass lite option but it doesn't really work well nor do I like it. I have Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and I have the dark theme so whenever I enable it, it doesn't even work and resets everything to light theme. Aero Glass is for Windows 8 only...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?: Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look? 15358
  9. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  10. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will...