Windows 10: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Discus and support Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; LOL, again we hear from all the naysayers, REPENT, repent all ye Aero sinners and dabblers of the dark software'. For it has been told, Aero is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

LOL, again we hear from all the naysayers,

REPENT, repent all ye Aero sinners and dabblers of the dark software'. For it has been told, Aero is the demon seed, a WITCH, a witch that must be burned at the stake. Purged from your minds, souls and machines. Be fore warned, ye who do not listen to saying's of the tech lords, ye who not heed their words, you shall feel the wrath of the Windows 10 Operating systems, come down upon you.

So say it in The Book of Windows 10 Owners Manual
    book of Gates
    verse 10:14
    and
    book of Balmer
    verse 230:1411

Yikes!!! Them third party software companies, had better start runnin' an hide'n in them thar' hills.

Trust_No1, Oct 12, 2014

2. Glass is only one aspect of a theme,
    Usually the most important one anything else can be added fairly easily,
    So users that do their own themes and don't rely on third parties will now be stuck with third partyware to achieve a used to be fairly easy self made task :/

Sounds like a bad move to me
    That anti going to create revenue for win-10,
    As far as I see one would be better off on 8.1 or stay with 7 which 7 would be a the easiest because it's already there *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 12, 2014
  3. And your point is what? Sarcasm?

Indianatone, Oct 13, 2014
  4. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Exactly. I still have 5 years left on my Windows 7 licences and if I don't get what I want I'll stay on Windows 7. Windows 8.1 while functional was not what the general users wanted. To me Aero is what I would like to see, basically a Windows 7 mode if you will.

Indianatone, Oct 13, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    The obvious reason the removed glass is for the tablets and such. They want one OS for all devices. I can only assume those who want the OS to look good are far outnumbered by those who don't know/don't care. It would be easy to put it back in...or the ability to turn it on, but if so many don't care, they won't. Mac OSX manages to still look good. Different, but good. Guess MS thinks the flat colored square thing looks good. Oh well. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but it's another reason I see no need to "update". Seven will serve me fine until I need to change, or something comes along that Wows me.

A Guy, Oct 13, 2014
  6. Yep Microsoft could do away with all of the super slide stuff but no that has to stay *Biggrin
    I have all that stuff off I hate seeing stuff sliding back and forth *Smile

ThrashZone, Oct 13, 2014
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    I guess my point is, people like eye candy, if they wish it to be popular, then why not dress it up? It might make it sell better, or it could turn out to be another Windows 8 dud.

Besides we are talking about a Mod in this post, not a given fact. If people hope it would work it's way into Windows 10, then they have a right to voice that opinion.

Here is an interesting posting by Microsoft Insider, Aero appears to be the no. 3 most requested item

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...ns/filters/top

Trust_No1, Oct 13, 2014
  8. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Hmmm, funny how some things that seem outlandish all of a sudden are perfectly acceptable. I had an old pair of black loafers I was going to throw away, until I noticed a can of green florescent spray paint in the garage. I had a lot of fun sporting those loafers around the neighborhood. They always got a reaction.

I see now it's a standard color for tennis shoes. I was a few decades ahead of the curve on that one. *Wink

MilesAhead, Oct 13, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!. . .was wondering when someone was going to use the old adage "then they have a right to voice that opinion." This one always makes me *Roflmao2.

10. LMiller7 Win User
    Windows 10 is not a finished product but a work in progress. If you wish to see Aero in Windows 10 when it is released tell Microsoft this in your feedback. If the demand is high enough they may offer it as an option.

LMiller7, Oct 13, 2014
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Would be nice to see a response from MS on how many have asked for Aero and how many have asked for a way to turn of the Modern stuff completely (other than me *Smile ).

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2014
  12. That could gum up the works. See I have this design for an electric stapler. It has a tiny screen with Gui that tells you how many staples are left. However if it were to enable composition then the same OS that runs the nuclear power plant across town would really slow the stapler down. I'm certain it would crawl along at a measly 2000 staples per second. And I have a hell of a lot of envelopes to seal. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 13, 2014
  13. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Of course we have a right to voice our opinions. Now as to M$ taking any notice we'll see. One thing we all do not need is another failure like Windows 8 or Vista.
    You have a right to voice your opinion too. Exactly what is your opinion instead of mocking posters who voice theirs?

Indianatone, Oct 14, 2014
  14. When my Windows 10 machine asked me if I preferred Control Panel or PC settings I vented my spleen in the feedback box and let them know they need to separate out the Metro interface and use Desktop tools with the desktop interface and I do not care what they do with the modern interface. Just separate them and keep the users happy.

Indianatone, Oct 14, 2014
  15. Trust_No1 Win User
    I guess what you are saying here, is that your's is the only opinion that matters?

Trust_No1, Oct 14, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Similar Threads - 'Aero Glass' theme

2. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  3. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  5. Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?

Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?: I know that Winaero has a glass lite option but it doesn't really work well nor do I like it. I have Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and I have the dark theme so whenever I enable it, it doesn't even work and resets everything to light theme. Aero Glass is for Windows 8 only...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?: Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look? 15358
  9. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  10. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will...