Windows 10: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Discus and support Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Most people do *NOT* have Start8 or Classic menu. Most people don't even know those programs exist. of all the Windows 8 machine's I've seen over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mac173173 Win User

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

You seem to assume that all computers work off of a battery. If I was running a machine off a battery, I would want to turn Aero off. But I am on a PC with an 850 watt power supply and a quad core video card. I don't need to conserve battery power or video power, so I want my SHINEY!*Wink

mac173173, Oct 20, 2014

2. Fondleslap! Snort, choke. *Roflmao2

Lady Fitzgerald, Oct 20, 2014
  3. *Ditto If M$ wants one OS that fits all (didn't work for clothing sizes but M$ didn't learn from that), they could make it modular and people (and manufacturers) could install only the features they want (or the hardware can support). Otherwise, I feel it is doomed to failure.

I personally do not like AeroGlass and have it turned off. But I was able to make that choice instead of having one rammed down my throat. My only objections to Win 10 right now are the necessity to use tiles in the Start Menu for items that appeared as a simple list on the right side of the Win 7 Start Menu and the flat appearance of windows due to the lack of color shading and window shadowing. The latter may seem like a cosmetic issue but, for me, color shading and window shadowing makes reading items on a screen much easier on my eyes and brain; otherwise, everything blurs together. It's like going back to my Commodore C64c. This is progress?

Lady Fitzgerald, Oct 20, 2014
  4. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

I thought that was the whole concept of having a "micro kernel" with NT design way back when? How soon they forget. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 20, 2014
  5. Mystere Win User
    NT isn't a true Microkernel, but it's Microkernel-inspired *Wink

What we know as Windows is not the true NT OS, that's the ntoskrnl, which doesn't have any real user interface. That's why WinRT (ie Metro) could just as easily become the primary OS at some point, leaving Win32 (what we know as Windows or the Desktop) to be a windowed subsystem.

Mystere, Oct 20, 2014
  6. I don't think IBM got there either with OS/2. But I;m not sure. Last v I used was 3.0.

The idea being "one OS for all platforms" isn't stupid if you install the modular components needed for the platform. It's lazy and lame just to have clumps of spaghetti code for every possible platform, install it all, and just call the clump needed at run time.

The micro kernel comment was referring to the former approach.

Edit: Speaking of alternative shells and such, just for grins I'm going to try one on a W7 VM.Just to see what happens. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 20, 2014
  7. Mystere Win User
    OS/2 was never a Microkernel at all. It was very monolithic

Mystere, Oct 20, 2014
  8. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

I guess it never got off the starting block. Everyone talks about how stuff shold be designed. Then they face deadlines. Neat idea meet recycle bin.

In any case the relationship of all this stuff to MS's decision how to implement Windows seems to keep getting ignored. All this is just tangential.

MilesAhead, Oct 21, 2014
  9. LMiller7 Win User
    A true Microkernel is one in which only the core OS functionality is in the kernel and everything else is moved to user mode services. The Windows kernel somewhat resembles this but it is far from being a true Microkernel. As would be expected it has advantages and disadvantages over a monolithic kernel and is not inherently superior.

Making major changes in the Windows kernel would have enormous compatibility implications, particularly for device drivers. Even seemingly trivial changes can cause compatibility problems and this change would be anything but trivial. A great deal more basic research would need to be done before Microsoft would commit to such a kernel.

Large companies are usually conservative in nature. They have too much to loose to be otherwise.

But this has little relevance to Windows 10.

LMiller7, Oct 21, 2014
  10. The point of having a microkernel is to avoid kitchen sink OS design. One size fits all is just what we're talking about. I don't see that quoting textbook definitions adds any value.

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Similar Threads - 'Aero Glass' theme

2. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  3. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  5. Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?

Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?: I know that Winaero has a glass lite option but it doesn't really work well nor do I like it. I have Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and I have the dark theme so whenever I enable it, it doesn't even work and resets everything to light theme. Aero Glass is for Windows 8 only...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?: Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look? 15358
  9. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  10. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will...