Windows 10: Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses

Discus and support Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; So what's the story, a month after the big launch? A surprising amount of sound and fury, especially for a midsummer release. In this post, I call out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses

Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Aug 31, 2015

2. Facebook Chat - will this ever get resolved?

It's a mess that it is such a hit or miss thing, but I am one of the only miss people for a few months now. And if MS is listening, the 1020 is not an option for phone selection...

photobriangray, Aug 31, 2015
  3. varadhb Win User
    Double arrow to perform full screen is missing since recent upgrade on Windows 10.

Original Title: Where is full screen double arrow in windows 10. It is missing since few months after update.

Where is full screen double arrow in windows 10. It is missing since few months after update.

varadhb, Aug 31, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Wish the Edge browser was more complete and for some reason Contana keeps freezing up on my main computer, other than that everything is running nicely on all four of my computers so far.

tcman50, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Win10's 'Photos' app is just excellent. This is a big 'hit' for me, compared to using Win7.

It makes taking the pertinent segments out of videos so easy without re-encoding the video or changing the bit-rate. And saves as MP4 - the best format. Given it is a still photo app this is great. And it can allow mid-level picture editing too. A few useful features are missing for this though.

squawksarah, Aug 31, 2015
  6. gator2013 Win User
    I never used the Windows Photo App in W7 so I can't speak for that but when compared to W8.1 it is a BIG step backward. Who in the world groups albums by date created? Albums need to be grouped by Title or Subject Matter, when the album was created means nothing and I have yet to find a way to change that.

gator2013, Aug 31, 2015
  7. larc919 Win User
    Explorer.exe is still too fragile. Both manual and third party software changes to its setup that 8.1 and previous Windows versions accepted readily can send it into a spiral of crashing.

larc919, Aug 31, 2015
  8. Lebon14 Win User

Hey there, anti-privacy advocate. A system shouldn't have to send "feedback" against my will. Feedback is, by definition, to send one's concern and ideas willingly. I'm not against feedback but feedback generated from the content of my machine. No thanks. Real feedback is say from user on a forum posting ideas and discussing. Then, MS would read that. THAT would be real feedback. No to Telemetry.

Lebon14, Aug 31, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    I agree that"feedback" should be voluntary but some of it is inevitable to receive some services. Telemetry for instance, how to have localized information without it ? Cortana, Maps etc. would be useless, just one example.

CountMike, Sep 1, 2015
  10. gator2013 Win User
    I guess I just don't understand!*Confused

How could this be OK with anyone?

Microsoft:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders),when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services."

It is amazing how bold Microsoft is, they spell it right out for everyone "We will access" Files in Private Folders, Really? They don't necessarily tell you how they do it but they will do it, they are telling you plain and clear. So I scan a sensitive document and put it in a folder and Microsoft has access to it, that's crazy.

For those that think this is OK why don't you just periodically clone your HDD and sent it to Microsoft? It will save on Bandwidth. Microsoft probably has a special program for sympathizers, a super-duper Insider Program. I don't care if the info is encrypted and stored in a safe place, the whole process should be illegal but we all know that the laws governing the gathering of digital information are decades behind where they should be and with the sentiment of many here it will stay that way.

gator2013, Sep 2, 2015
  11. Well this issue is Windows is licensed to the user and the user doesn't own Windows. Also the problem is over exaggerated as some are saying MS is taking everything well if the take everything then they would go through terabytes of storage a day. Plus finding my data would be worse then finding a needle in a haystack. My company has about 65 surfaces and MS had did an inquiry about how many Surfaces we have and how we use them. Wouldn't they already know that if they were tracking us?

orlbuckeye, Sep 2, 2015
  12. Ownership of Windows is NOT the issue; the issue is right to access data the USER owns.

So what? Facebook handles 600 Terabytes of storage -- per day! Why would you suspect that if Facebook can handle this load, Microsoft could not?
    Every "device" that gets activated has a unique, generated, Device ID -- that's how activation works. MS already has that information on their activation servers and, when your device connects to the Internet and MS retrieves data from it, they don't have to search through a haystack to find a needle, they already have it. This is not a situation of hundreds or thousands of MS employees (or contractors) sitting there reading emails, or looking at your website links, or reading your private files -- that is "old school" -- how things were done DECADES ago. Today, there are data mining "engines" (software) that can tear through all of this very quickly, analyzing what they find, and report the results. This is not "tracking" individuals; instead, this is examining the details of private lives.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

*Thumbs
    I completely agree with you on this

Trust_No1, Sep 2, 2015
  14. Contra Win User
    I have had no problems...so far

It seems to like my build I guess

Contra, Sep 2, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I agree providing you are not using a Windows 10 Insider Build.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses - Similar Threads - month Hits misses

2. Roll back to windows 10 after a month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to windows 10 after a month: I upgraded my system to Windows 11 about 2 months ago but recently it's been causing major issues with my system- such as being unable to boot entirely. I work at home and have a lot of important files on the computer so I was wondering how to could roll back to windows 10 or...
  3. Roll back to windows 10 after a month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to windows 10 after a month: I upgraded my system to Windows 11 about 2 months ago but recently it's been causing major issues with my system- such as being unable to boot entirely. I work at home and have a lot of important files on the computer so I was wondering how to could roll back to windows 10 or...
  4. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...: I ran the diagnostics within Windows 10. It just told me I had no internet connection, and that it was the router's fault, but it wasn't. Everything else in the house is online, with no problem. Two phones, an Ipad, 2 smart TVsethernet, & Xbox Oneethernet, and they all are...
  5. Windows 10 download with office icons missing disappering after a month

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 download with office icons missing disappering after a month: I upgraded to Windows 10 and a month later the office icons disappeared from my start menu. Is there a problem with Windows 10 or was the office suit a trial version? They worked fine to begin with and now I can't find them. If possible can I get them back?...
  6. Windows 10 crashes after a month

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes after a month: I notice that Windows 10 machine crash after only a month. After close inspection, it went from single partition install to multiple partitions (5) where the restore point, reset point and etc...failed to work property. This is not new. At first, I thought is was the...
  7. Windows 10 Deactivating after 7 months

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Deactivating after 7 months: Hello Microsoft community, so I've seen a few posts about this, and I have a bit of a special case. So a few months ago, I got a computer from a friend who previously had Windows 7 on it and later upgraded it to 10. When I got it, I factory reset it, and linked the license...
  8. Windows 10 -Save back to windows 7 capabilities after beyond one month

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -Save back to windows 7 capabilities after beyond one month: Hi, I'm new to the forums. I would like to know if is there a possibility to keep Windows 7 restore point/backup after upgrading to Windows 10, before losing the option to revert after one month of using Windows 10. I would really want to keep myself that backup...
  9. Saving to Desktop is hit or miss

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving to Desktop is hit or miss: I have a problem that manifests on both my work laptop (Lenovo T450, an oldie) and my new high-end Dell desktop (Dell XPS 8920). I'll save to Desktop a file (from Excel, or an email attachment). Or I'll save a download to Desktop from a web browser (usually Firefox,...
  10. Boot up hit and miss!

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up hit and miss!: Over the last couple of weeks my boot up has been very hit and miss, when it misses I get the message, 'Reboot and select proper boot device', I switch off and after a couple of tries all works fine. When I look in the Boot Option, 1st Boot Device is 'Windows Boot...