Windows 10: Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update

Discus and support Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows reset deletes a number of data bases / files. When Windows needs it will recreate. Bree identified another solution some are using found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update

Windows reset deletes a number of data bases / files. When Windows needs it will recreate.

Bree identified another solution some are using found here. The word here in Bree response is a link.

Still having update issues

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello.

My Windows 10 Home won't stop updating the same things (or atleast always wants to update these things)...

I'll restart the computer and they'll still be in the update history as (Requires a restart to finish installing)...

They are:

1. Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4093110)

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709for x86-based Systems (KB4088776)

3. Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (Windows 10 Version 1709)for x86-based Systems (KB4088785).

And most recently (yesterday)
    4. Security Update for Windows (KB4088776).

I've tried uninstalling these updates (doesn't work, they just come up again) as well as tracking them down and manually installing them...

Whenever I go to shut down - always says, "update and shut down".

I've considered a reset as an option -but I thought I'd ask around first.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
    Stuart

:)

Thedarkhorse, Apr 11, 2018
  3. problems with wireless after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

Hi Karthik,

the device is working properly - it says in properties of network adapter.

It is for me unable to switch the wi-fi on: Screenshot - it always stays on OFF.

Device working properly.

What is left - waiting for some automated update for that adapter and Windows 10, because there isnt any right now anywher.

br

dejan

PS: I went back to my previous version of Windows 7. Printers also could not be instaled, to many problems.

DejanDraskovic, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update

I cant uninstall or change asus smart gesture after update

Hi, the other day I updated my pc and after it, my touchpad stopped working properly. I know its asus smart gesture before its happened before on other updates. The thing is that it always works after I install it again, now I cant even uninstall it. It
    throws this message ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

"Windows 10 Install Procedure"

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

gonzalopardi, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Hi Stuart.

What build is your system reporting (Windows key + R, type winver, enter)

I might first suggest just resetting windows update.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  6. Hi Ken/

I am Windows 10. Version 1709. (OS Build 16299.248)

Thedarkhorse, Apr 12, 2018
  7. Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  8. Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update

Thank you Caledon Ken. The reset worked.

Thedarkhorse, Apr 15, 2018
  9. Hmm... It's struggling to update this next one now.

Windows 10 Version 1709 x86 (KB4093112).

I'll try the Windows Reset again and keep you posted...

10. Thedarkhorse, Apr 15, 2018
  11. When I try to reset, command prompt says:

Cannot reset Windows Update since "Windows Update" (wuauserv) service failed to stop.Press any key to continue . . .

12. I've now manually downloaded and successfully installed -- 2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4093112). It is in Control Panel.

However, it still comes up on the Update Status and update.

With cmd/reset...
    The system could not find...
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat

Thema:

Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update

1. Windows 10 always updating/unable to properly update - Similar Threads - always updating unable

2. unable to update window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update window 10: i am facing a problem of updating window 10it asked to manually unistall virtual box but i have alredy done it and deleted all its files by search bar still showing the same plz help me ith it...
  3. Unable to update Windows 10

Unable to update Windows 10: It says error encountered when I tried to update windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-windows-10/d4ed0f81-d306-4d9c-b59d-b20d179f5eef
  4. Windows Update doesn't start properly it is always disabled and it's impossible to restart...

Windows Update doesn't start properly it is always disabled and it's impossible to restart...: The Titel is self explanatory, anyway I tried everything, and I mean it, EVERYTHING, all what is described as a solution on the web, all guides, all advices, I tried them all, but the problem is still there I don't know what to do anymore, please help me. I made a In-Place...
  5. Windows 10 Update Always Fails!

Windows 10 Update Always Fails!: I did a clean boot, checked device manager to make sure all devices are good, removed 3rd party security software, disabled services found got problem in event system log, removed SATA disks, watched the system event log during the in house update, didn't see ERROR or...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Always Failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Updates Always Failing: My PC keeps failing to install any and all Windows 10 updates. Currently there is only one queued and it fails with this message:2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4551762) - Error 0x80070bc9 I tried restarting Windows and trying...
  7. windows 10 update not working properly

windows 10 update not working properly: Windows recently updated to version 1909, and now I cannot get any sound/audio no matter what I try. Additionaly, when I try to open task manager, file manager or SOME other programs, the icons show up but the text is missing. I have tried downloading an earlier version, but...
  8. unable to update Windows 10

unable to update Windows 10: potential Windows Update Database error detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-windows-10/7d197929-397c-413a-a000-76c035eb717e
  9. Unable to update Windows 10

Unable to update Windows 10: I have been trying to update windows 10 for nearly half a year now, and it refuses to do so at any point, I can't even do a factory reset to start clean, anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Unable to Update Windows 10

Unable to Update Windows 10: I am unable to update Windows 10 due to an error message, Avir Antivir, the program does not exist and I have run the Avir removal tool in Safe Mode with absolutely no effect, same error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) Error 0x80070643