Windows 10: Windows 10 and a replacement mobo of the same make and model

Discus and support Windows 10 and a replacement mobo of the same make and model in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had to pull a one week old motherboard and return it and which is being replaced with another of the same make and model. The Windows 10 registration &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ineuw, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

Windows 10 and a replacement mobo of the same make and model

Had to pull a one week old motherboard and return it and which is being replaced with another of the same make and model. The Windows 10 registration & MS approval is on the boot drive, but will I have a problem with Windows 10 because of the change?

:)

ineuw, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Need to Replace my Mobo...

You will have to contact MS Support to get help activating after you replace the MOBO.

There is one exception to the no transfer rule that others have cited. That is when you replace the MOBO under warranty with the same model MOBO. So, get confirmation from HP that this is an equivalent replacement before contacting MS.

Rohn007, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Chris[L] Win User
    Can not activate windows 10 after replacing MOBO

Can't get my windows 10 to activate. Had a windows 7 then upgraded to 10 prior to changing the MOBO. Was wondering what I can do and yes I did all the steps and no I did not have my account linked. Could someone please help

Chris[L], Jun 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and a replacement mobo of the same make and model - Similar Threads - replacement mobo same

2. MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems: Hi I have an old PC with win vista 32 basic. The MB went faulty but due to having lots of external hardware tied to this OS in music projects which are half completed I cannot upgrade the OS and system. I really need to get this functioning again. The MB is ASUS P5n32 e sli ,...
  3. MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems: Hi I have an old PC with win vista 32 basic. The MB went faulty but due to having lots of external hardware tied to this OS in music projects which are half completed I cannot upgrade the OS and system. I really need to get this functioning again. The MB is ASUS P5n32 e sli ,...
  4. which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and...: which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and same shapethe new model can be wireless https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-new-model-replaces-microsoft-comfort-optical/38832dd5-3742-437b-95ce-183ee707a478
  5. which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and...: which new model replaces Microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000 same size, same functions and same shapethe new model can be wireless https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-new-model-replaces-microsoft-comfort-optical/38832dd5-3742-437b-95ce-183ee707a478
  6. BSOD on a newly replaced MOBO

BSOD on a newly replaced MOBO: Hello guys, I had this problem for a few months already and I ha my motherboard replaced to fix the problem. But only after a few days, the same BSOD happened with the same error. Maybe someone can help me with this. Here is the latest dumpfile of the last BSOD....
  7. Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes

Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes: Hello all, Long story short, I replaced my motherboard last night and since then I've been having some BSOD, freezes and crashes. Narrowing it down, I think it may be driver related. But honestly, I have no clue. Here are my specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super...
  8. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  9. FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT: Hi guys, i have a lenovo ideapad 320E its specs are i5-7200U 8gb ddr4 2gb nvidia 940 mx ... It recently got short circuited and i had to get the motherboard replaced,fortunately for me it was covered under warranty but now when i use dxdiag tool it shows my model is...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.: Hi I have a problem. I upgraded my Windows 8.1 (key from Dreamspark) to Windows 10 in april. After RTM release, everything was OK, but I replaced my old motherboard (because it was just cheap shit and it just broke) to Sabretooth 990FX 2.0. My Windows is now deactivated. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what windows version can i use with different mobo