Windows 10: Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

Discus and support Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I saw the post from 2016 concerning Windows 10 and ASUS laptops. I had windows 10 on my ASUS ROG for over a year. A couple of months ago it did two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anna MariaAnderson, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

I saw the post from 2016 concerning Windows 10 and ASUS laptops. I had windows 10 on my ASUS ROG for over a year. A couple of months ago it did two different Window updates in a row, without asking. The second one crashed my machine. I am sick over this. I cannot understand why Microsoft takes it upon themselves to intermittedly do updates and have their OS crash expensive machines.

I now have a large paper weight. A very large expensive paper weight. I need to get several files off, then I guess I am putting linux on it.

Just like everyone else I will look at a mac laptop. Currently have a mac desktop, enjoy having a laptop to take with me in other rooms and traveling. Microsoft just cost me several thousands of dollars as ASUS was not cheap and now a MAC LAPTOP is not going to be cheap.

I would like an answer as to what is in the updates that causes the crashing on these machines?

Someone please answer this question if anyone knows.

Thank you.

:)

Anna MariaAnderson, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

1. Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptops

2. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  3. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  4. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  5. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  6. Windows 8 Asus gaming laptop C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Asus gaming laptop C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: Hi,I have an asus windows 8 gaming laptop, it worked last week but I just can’t get it to turn on now. It turns on and says preparing automatic repair. Then diagnosing your pc, and then blue screen. I don’t know what to do. I have restarted multiple times, shut down, tried...
  7. Windows 8 Asus gaming laptop C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Windows 8 Asus gaming laptop C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: Hi,I have an asus windows 8 gaming laptop, it worked last week but I just can’t get it to turn on now. It turns on and says preparing automatic repair. Then diagnosing your pc, and then blue screen. I don’t know what to do. I have restarted multiple times, shut down, tried...
  8. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  9. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  10. ASUS SonicMaster laptop Windows 11 S mode & HP Deskjet 2540 printer

ASUS SonicMaster laptop Windows 11 S mode & HP Deskjet 2540 printer: I have an ASUS SonicMaster laptop Windows 11 S mode and HP Deskjet 2540 printer. I need to download drivers from HP but of course that's not allowed because it"s not "verified" by the Microsoft store. What are my options other than exiting S mode....