Windows 10: windows 10 and conexant sound default switch

Discus and support windows 10 and conexant sound default switch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; recent install of win 10 without any real difficulty except sound issues. win 10 defaults to head phones when re started. i can go to sound settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rhutrho, Oct 23, 2015.

1. rhutrho Win User

windows 10 and conexant sound default switch

recent install of win 10 without any real difficulty except sound issues.
    win 10 defaults to head phones when re started. i can go to sound settings and change default to speaker. this happens every time the computer restarts. what sound device is windows 10 ?
    my toshiba satellite pro L 655 win 7 system conexant sound would switch the sound from speaker to head phones when the head phones were plugged in / or back to the speaker when the head phones were un plugged.
    maybe not a game changer , but it is a discomfort to have to go back to settings every time i restart or wish to change sound source.

:)

rhutrho, Oct 23, 2015
  2. LonUW Win User

Audio changed with Window 10 download

When I downloaded windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop, it downloaded a new audio called Conexant. My computer came with DTS stereo sound app. How can I get windows 10 to use the DTS as default instead of Conexant? If I uninstall Conexant will it automatically
    allow DTS to become the audio app again? It is still installed in programs. Conexant sucks....

LonUW, Oct 23, 2015
  3. LonUW Win User
    DTS Stereo vs Conexant

My Toshiba laptop came with DTS Stereo sound app which I liked. Windows 10 download gave me Conexant and that is what my computer uses as default. How can I get windows 10 to use the DTS app which is still installed on my computer instead of the new sound?
    If I uninstall Conexant, will the computer automatically then use the DTS app?

LonUW, Oct 23, 2015
  4. windows 10 and conexant sound default switch

Hello rhutrho Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I have to assume that the move to 10 was by way of upgrade over the previous version being W7 and the upgrade simply has one known bug already noticed correct?! 10 didn't have any problem seeing the sound working but retaining the speaker setting you choose during a session only to revert to the head phones which is odd and should be a clear indication the upgrade came out slightly buggy for sure!

By default you should be hearing sound from the built in speakers as one HP laptop saw here without fuss. Even when the upgrade came out "Buggy as all H___"! the clean install that followed saw the correct drivers go on and all went well which is where the suggestion to now see a clean install of 10 will be the better move anyone can advise. For one desktop here finding the original Volume Control Panel launcher for the Creative sound card installed is a no go for 10 since Creative simply dropped anything new for that line of cards to push out a newer line being a 3rd party issue for that!

When plugging in a pair of USB powered speakers into the headphone jack on the front of the HP laptop the sound is instantly heard from the speaker set no longer from the built in speakers. I didn't try the speakers at first on the buggy upgrade since the Start button was missing. The Start>Setting screen totally blank, And no access to the AllApps was simple enough reason to go ahead and immediately replace the upgrade install with a clean install of 10! How to Clean Install Windows 10

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 and conexant sound default switch

1. windows 10 and conexant sound default switch - Similar Threads - conexant sound default

2. Fix Conexant SmartAudio HD No Sound issue for Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Conexant SmartAudio HD No Sound issue for Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]For a lot of users, who have Conexant SmartAudio HD installed on their Windows 11 or Windows 10, upgrading to a new version may create issues. According to them, Conexant SmartAudio HD is emitting no sound. In this, article, we are going to talk about this in detail...
  3. Sound problem with Conexant HD audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem with Conexant HD audio on Windows 10: First of all, I have to mention that I've read all the similar questions and answers and I found none that applies to my problem. Now, let's go with the problem. Recently I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 I had an option to reconfigure 3,5mm jacks of...
  4. Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...

Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...: I have a sound card Creative sb 1095 it working fine on win 10 1709, after update win 10 1803 it doesn't working, something goes wrong. Sound opption auto swich between onboard sound card realtek alc 233 and Creative sb 1095 like this...
  5. Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.

Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.: A few weeks back I got an ASUS ROG GL752VW. During my initial set up in the first few days, I went into device manager, to my sound card, which is Conexant brand and updated the drivers. This caused the sound on my laptop to completely stop working upon a restart. Attempting...
  6. Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant

Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant: Hi there. So I have been having this problem for a while now with my internal laptop speakers. They very infrequently play sounds and when they do, its only for about a minute. No problems with headphones and playback devices switch as they are supposed too. I am using...
  7. poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD

poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD: Hi All i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad....
  8. Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10

Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10: Does anyone know where I can find a driver for Conexant HD Audio? Right now I am using a driver from Microsoft to play device sounds. Help please! 55093
  9. Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT)

Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT): Hello! Recently i had the problem of having no sound at all after updating to windows 10. I figured that i wasn't the only one with this problem. Solution: 1) Go to Computer Management > Device Manager. Go to v Audio -input and -output Press the arrow key . 2) you...
  10. Bad Audio with Windows 10 Conexant

Bad Audio with Windows 10 Conexant: Have Windows 10 had new drivers for Conexant 64 bit for Asus Laptop. Mic audio is bad and low. Works ok with USB Audio Codec just Pc Mic bad audio. Thanks Roger 26832
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound jabra conexant switch

2. smartaudio 0x80070564