Windows 10: Windows 10 and dual monitor drama

Discus and support Windows 10 and dual monitor drama in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to install a second (and ideally eventually a 3rd) monitor on refurbished Dell. It didn't detect any monitor connected via display port - only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DcDragon, Aug 13, 2018.

1. DcDragon Win User

Windows 10 and dual monitor drama

Trying to install a second (and ideally eventually a 3rd) monitor on refurbished Dell. It didn't detect any monitor connected via display port - only DVI. Using splitter, I can connect 2 monitors, but when computer detects 2nd monitor it:

1) reduces both displays to lowest possible resolution, and

2) greys out the settings that would allow me to change resolution. Also

3) It will not accept "extend" display. I only have 2 very low resolution duplicate screens

Digging around forums yielded a few recommendations that didn't work.

I have restarted the computer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device driver

I have run a "troubleshoot"

If I start the computer with one monitor, and connect the second only after startup, the second monitor is also higher resolution, but when I try to "detect" the second screen (so I can set it up as an exteded display), both screens revert to the lowest possible resolution again.

Digging around forums so far I've not come up with anything to fix this, but it's getting frustrating. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

:)

DcDragon, Aug 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and dual monitor drama

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and dual monitor drama

1. Windows 10 and dual monitor drama - Similar Threads - dual monitor drama

2. windows 10 dual monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 dual monitor: So I use windows 10, much to my dismay, 7 was better, and when I have 2 monitors setup and go into fullscreen in a video game, whatever that was showing on one of my screens gets reset to desktop, and the tab of music or anime or movie that was open goes behind the fullscreen...
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitors

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Dual Monitors: When I boot up windows 10 on a two monitor system the initial windows process starts on the secondary monitor then switches to the primary monitor when the welcome screen appears. Any thoughts to why this is happening....
  4. Dual monitors on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors on Windows 10: Hey Everyone ! I try to be as clear as possible. I just bought a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 drawing tablet. I tried, as they say in the guide, to extend the displays. It did, but I can't "slide" or open photoshop or any other software on the tablet, as it's the secondary screen. I...
  5. Windows 10 install on new PC drama

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new PC drama: I just built my first gaming PC and I used a laptop and a USB to get a starter of Windows to get it going. I just purchased a code for a full home version download and it doesn't take the key because I had set up the computer and said I was going to install pro but purchased...
  6. order of dual monitors in windows 10

order of dual monitors in windows 10: how to change the left-right orientation of dual monitors in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/order-of-dual-monitors-in-windows-10/5a4d6920-2d8b-458c-a5d3-0d4c22b24fb9
  7. Onedrive drama

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive drama: Reinstalled windows 10 for a friend one their dell pc. Before i reinstalled windows, I removed all of their 160 gigs of photos and put them on an external drive. Once fresh install was complete, i transferred all 160 gigs of picture back to the new picture folder only to...
  8. Windows 10 with Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 with Dual Monitors: I am running a dual monitor set up on my gaming PC with Windows 10, every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode one of my monitors works but the other one says that the cable isn't connected. The only way that I have been able to get it to work again after waking up is...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Monitor wallpapers

Windows 10 Dual Monitor wallpapers: Hi, When I try set a different wallpaper on each monitor I only have the option to set on monitor 2 Doesn't matter how I get there, (win 10 settings or control desk.cpl,,@background) the only option is monitor 2 [img] [img] Windows 10 PRO Build 10586.164 Nvidia...
  10. Dual monitors on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitors on Windows 10: I did this but they both show the same screen.*Wink The main screen is HDI and the other is DVI... Is there a solution for this. I want to put 3 on here. I want it to show different screens.*Eek 4004