Windows 10: Windows 10 and HD Audio formats. Dolby-TrueHD, DTS-HD Master etc.

Discus and support Windows 10 and HD Audio formats. Dolby-TrueHD, DTS-HD Master etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 I haven't seen any support for HD audio bitstreaming. Looking through the properties of my sound devices (trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deders, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Deders Win User

Windows 10 and HD Audio formats. Dolby-TrueHD, DTS-HD Master etc.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I haven't seen any support for HD audio bitstreaming.

Looking through the properties of my sound devices (trying to use Nvidia HDMI), only Dolby Digital, Dolby digital Plus and DTS Audio are listed.

It used to work fine with windows 7.

:)

Deders, Nov 15, 2015
  2. SAgosto Win User

Intel HD 2000 - Missing HD Audio Support Formats

I have a OptiPlex 390 with Intel HD 2000 connected via HDMI to a Denon X2200W. The "DENON-AVR" playback device uses a "High Definition Audio" controller which has a max. of 8 channels but does not list an HD audio formats in the "Supported Formats" tab's
    "Encoded Formats" section. It has "DTS Audio", "Dolby Digital Plus", and "Dolby Digit" formats but no HD versions. As such, MPC-HC is not working for any HD audio (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc.). I thought I read it supports these formats?

SAgosto, Nov 15, 2015
  3. HMDI Audio Xonar HDAV 1.3 Card and Win 10 Not Working

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I no longer get HD audio via my HMDI sound card after the Win 10 upgrade (and recent update). It used to work under Win 7. If I go to the Sound>Playback window, I see a list of audio devices. My Asus HDAV 1.3 should show as an HDMI device - it doesn't.
    It shows as an SP/DIF Pass Through device and SP/DIF doesn't (nee, can't) handle HD audio. As an HDMI device, I would have the option to tell Windows (10) what formats and frequencies my HD receiver can handle. As an SP/DIF device however, I'm limited
    to core DTS and Dolby Digital streams (when I should be getting DTS HD Master and Dolby TrueHD). Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers won't make any difference - Windows should be recognising this as an HMDI device.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Cheers.

ElstonBell, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Deders Win User

Ok, after weeks of testing, several re-install attempts, enabling and disabling my Realtek and Intel audio devices and trying different combinations of drivers, as soon as I mention it on these forums, they magically appear in my sound properties.

It seems that with 3 displays enabled (780 on main monitor via DVI-D, Intel 530 on nothing, and the 780 connected to the receiver via HDMI) something has happened that reset my sound properties after I'd set them (to 5.1 and 24bit/96KHz) I noticed this and when I set them again, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD where there.

I'm going to leave this unsolved for now until maybe someone can shed any light as to why. I am hesitant to do a fresh install of windows that needs to happen soon, in case I lose them again.

Deders, Nov 15, 2015
  5. xeleron Win User
    Use the proprietary driver from nvidia.com and not the one delivered by windows update.

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Deders Win User
    Yeah have been doing so. Managed to get it working now. After weeks of troubleshooting, they suddenly appeared a few mins after I posted this.

I left a reply to say so but it is being moderated.

I don't want to say this is completely resolved as I still don't know what caused it and I'm afraid it will go away again when I do a fresh install in the next couple of weeks.

Deders, Nov 15, 2015
  7. xeleron Win User
    Just download the driver again.What GPU do you have?

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Deders Win User

Asus GTX 780.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, and in the post that is awaiting moderation, the issue seems to have resolved itself. DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD now both appear where they should.

I have no idea why, I spent weeks troubleshooting, re-installing windows, trying different hardware and driver combinations. I give up and post on here, and all of a sudden it decides to work.

Deders, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and HD Audio formats. Dolby-TrueHD, DTS-HD Master etc. - Similar Threads - Audio formats Dolby

2. Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing: Hey, im on w11 on a compatibile msi laptop.I upgraded to w11 and everything was fine, after ~18.10.2021 everything from windows spatial audio went midding and i miss my dolby for headphones SO MUCH.... It was working before.I've tried older/newer realtek driversChecked for...
  3. Realtek HD audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  4. HD Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Drivers: Hello, I posted something regarding Realtek Drivers having audio problems due to Audio Enhancements and after hours of installing, reinstalling, uninstalling drivers, it never really got fixed and I just gave up so I just went with the HD Audio Driver where the sound is fine....
  5. hd audio problem

hd audio problem: i am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth to higher because 24/48 is the highest option available in win10 audio settings. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd-audio-problem/f45f5730-5f44-4671-b066-a5f8aafd6740
  6. hd audio

hd audio: there are no options to chose 24 bit 96 or 192 khz instead of 24/48 the highest available in dropdown menu in audio settings realtek hd audio through the audio jack and nvidia hd through hdmi all drivers up to date reinstalling doesnt help...
  7. Dolby and DTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby and DTS: can't be downloaded from Microsoft Store, I paid for these apps, if you can give us these apps, then you should refund us $$$$$ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-and-dts/2a45813d-02e2-4860-bc0f-27a36d5ee903
  8. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  9. Cannot Format HD

Cannot Format HD: I have a 4TB HD that was previously formatted that I've put into an external hd bay. When I go into Computer Management/Disk Management the hd is not listed in the top section and in the bottom section it is split into 2048 GB and 1678 GB, both "Unallocated". I want to...
  10. Recover Formatted HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover Formatted HD: I accidentally quick formatted one of my audio data hard drives. I then used Recuva to recover my data. Recuva recovered everything but there are no directories or file structure. In other words, there are 326 files called bass1, bass2 etc. There are 1,236 vocal files, 657...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 dolby dts

2. dolby truehd windows 10

3. Dolby TrueHD/DTS Audio

4. cofiguring dolby true hd win 10,
  5. dolby dts hd windows 10,
  6. mozilla win 10 dolby playback?,
  7. best audio converter for windows 10 with high quality from dts format to dolby digital format,
  8. truehd for windows 10 ,
  9. windows 10 2004 realtek dolby digital dts,
  10. nvidia high definition audio dolby digital,
  11. intel hd graphics windows 10 dolby,
  12. win 10 dolby digital audio,
  13. dolby audio premium win 10 pass through dolby digital,
  14. dolby hd and dts master audio on a pc,
  15. adding dolby digital to list of audio formats win 10