Windows 10: windows 10 and nikon d7100

Discus and support windows 10 and nikon d7100 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ok... last night i finnally updated my computer from win8.1 to 10. im in the middle of taking pictures for my website... for the past 6 months or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tennal, Apr 26, 2016.

1. tennal Win User

windows 10 and nikon d7100

ok... last night i finnally updated my computer from win8.1 to 10.

im in the middle of taking pictures for my website...

for the past 6 months or so i would take about 200 or more pictures a week.

last night i finnally reached 10k. It created a new folder and started taking pictures starting at 1. I got up to 55.

afterwards i started the update to windows 10. and went to bed.

this morning i finished the process of the update, and started taking pictures again.

when i went to photo view, i did not see the 5 pictures i just took, so i went back to the 7100 folder and found out that it had created a new folder and started back at 1... (should have been 56)...

i am keeping track of the numnbers so i know what pics go with what pieces...

I need to know why windows 10 is doing this to me, i blame win10 cause i have not changed any of the settings on my camera, and it worked fine for over 6 months.

Is this going to be happening everyday?

how can i get this back to the way it was without going back to win 8.1?

:)

tennal, Apr 26, 2016
  2. YairSagie Win User

Why the new photos app does not show NEF files with full resolution?

Thank you !

I'm trying to open photos also taken from Nikon D3200 and D7100.

I am able to open the photos with the Photos App, but only with poor resolution.

The screen is blurred.

I run the troubleshooter as suggested, but it did not resolve the issue (it didn't report any trouble).

It seems that I need further assistance.

Thank you.

YairSagie, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Pictures taken in .NEF format after importing in computer, show me a wrong date taken when hoover the pointer over file in explorer.

Hello! I got a problem or is a Windows bug? When I take a picture with my Nikon D7100, after exporting in computer in NEF file format, if I hover over file with mouse pointer, show me a wrong data and hour taken. More precisely it show me like
    picture was taken next day.

I thought is something wrong with my camera setting date but nothing wrong with this. If I look in properties/detail of picture date taken is the correct one. I take pictures with same camera in .NEF and .JPEG format and surprise: after importing
    the picture in .NEF format still show next day date taken but the picture in .JPEG format show the right date. The EXIF information are ok for booth files. Any suggestion?

D. Zaharia, Apr 26, 2016
  4. windows 10 and nikon d7100

I may not be following what is going on, but this is why I recommend that people just use copy and paste, rather than expecting any type of automatic upload to go exactly as they had in mind.

My wife is an ameatur photographer who does photo shoots to raise money for a charitable foundation. She will often have several shoots on her camera card (in a Nikon D3200). She creates a folder on our tower for each shoot, then simple copies and pastes the files in to their respective folders. Simple, easy, and there's no confusion or need to worry about file name increments. I don't recall the name of the free app she uses, but she'll rename the files once in their folders anyway, like Jones0001 for a Jones Family Photo shoot.

There's no dependency on a software program to categorize her photos, and it's as easy as can be.

DeaconFrost, Apr 26, 2016
  5. tennal Win User
    thank you for your input... but that is not my issue...

I take a picture with my Nikon... the nikon has 2 sd cards in them. It puts the picture on the sd cards.

I have my camera plugged into my computer, and whenever it takes a picture it shows up on my computer so i can see it in a larger format.

tennal, Apr 26, 2016
  6. I hate to ask, Tennal, but was your camera plugged in to your machine during the upgrade to 10?

Vince Massi, Apr 26, 2016
  7. tennal Win User
    it fixed itself somehow

tennal, Apr 27, 2016
  8. windows 10 and nikon d7100

Glad to hear that, Tennal. I have noticed that 10´s ability to self-adjust is higher than previous editions of Windows.

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 and nikon d7100

1. windows 10 and nikon d7100 - Similar Threads - nikon d7100

2. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  3. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  4. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?: Connected to my PC is recognized and configured by Windows 10 but drivers are not found and loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-drivers-for-a-film-scanner-nikon/a73ec303-8ed4-4a73-a6cd-5b4cf8f5e085
  5. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?: Connected to my PC is recognized and configured by Windows 10 but drivers are not found and loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-drivers-for-a-film-scanner-nikon/a73ec303-8ed4-4a73-a6cd-5b4cf8f5e085
  6. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.: I am running Windows 11 via Parallels on my new M1 MacBook Pro. The camera appears as a "MTP Portable Device" in my device manager under "Portable Devices." On my old windows laptop, it was always shown correctly as the "Nikon Z 6." It also worked perfectly with the same...
  8. Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.

Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.: I am running Windows 11 via Parallels on my new M1 MacBook Pro. The camera appears as a "MTP Portable Device" in my device manager under "Portable Devices." On my old windows laptop, it was always shown correctly as the "Nikon Z 6." It also worked perfectly with the same...
  9. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D: Hi,When I try to install ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/192.html , installer start unpacking the files and then it crashes . Not sure how to fix this problem. Could you please help me.Tried to follow the steps given in ViewNX-i...
  10. windows 10 won't load pictures from my nikon d7100

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 won't load pictures from my nikon d7100: windows 10 will not upload pictures from my nikon d7100 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-load-pictures-from-my-nikon-d7100/03a6f52e-05ab-46f5-8065-f85e2620a086