Windows 10: Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

Discus and support Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonatec, May 18, 2016.

1. jonatec Win User

Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers???

Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this?

:)

jonatec, May 18, 2016
  2. TFTD Guru Win User

Windows 10 Facebook App no audio on videos - working fine through all browsers

Using the Windows 10 Facebook App from the Store, all Facebook videos have no sound on my Windows 10 laptop when played through the USB to DAC playback device. No, they are not muted. They have sound if I play them through the default Realtek speaker driver
    playback device only.

All of the Facebook videos do have sound through the USB to DAC playback device when accessing Facebook through a browser, whether Edge, IE11, Chrome, or Firefox, on the same system. Any ideas?

TFTD Guru, May 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Audio Driver Change

Hi,

If the current audio device is not working properly, you need to select the other audio playback driver available on your system and set it to default. You can select the other device from by navigating your
    Sound options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    • On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

For more methods, you can visit this link:
    Fix sound problems
    to know how to run the audio troubleshooter and set a default audio playback device.

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

1. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults - Similar Threads - Playback Sounds device

2. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  3. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  4. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  6. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  7. No sound showing in playback device

8. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  9. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...