Windows 10: Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module

Discus and support Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is this developers runtime module for directx9 going to still work with the latest version of windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdStungevičius, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module

Is this developers runtime module for directx9 going to still work with the latest version of windows 10?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Many thanks on your thoughts. I have a piece of software originally distributed with this runtime. while it has since been updated a lot there are still pieces of code in it that may benefit from having it if it should function on w10.

opinions appreciated.

:)

EdStungevičius, Jul 16, 2018

2. No DirectX Runtime

Hello.

I am having a problem with Directx.

I was trying to launch a game from steam, and it gave me the error "No Directx Runtime"

I looked up in Dxdiag, and it shows no versions.

It just says "Directx Version: "

I am running windows 10.

I've been trying to find anything from windows update. I've updated my graphic drivers.

Still nothing.

Killertudse, Jul 16, 2018
  3. slance310 Win User
    DirectX Runtime Needs to be updated in windows 10

Hi,

Did the DirectX Runtime install properly ?

It is a two step process... First it needs to extract the file to a folder somewhere... either a default location, or one you choose...

The once it has extracted, you need to double click on DXSETUP to actually install the Runtime..

On rare occasions, it needs to be installed to specific location for a specific game...

slance310, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module

DirectX Runtime Error

Hello. I am getting en error while I am trying to launch NBA Playgrounds on Steam. It says "The following component is required to run this program: DirectX Runtime"

I've seen some other people who are getting same error in the community but none of the suggested solutions worked with me. My Windows 10 is Educational and Version 1803.

I 've tried reinstalling the game and DirectX several times and nothing has changed. Also I've checked for updates.

I appreciate any help. Thank you

aldotheapache, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module

1. Windows 10 and the old Directx runtime module - Similar Threads - old Directx runtime

2. DirectX Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Runtime Error: Hello. I am getting en error while I am trying to launch mortal shell It says "The following component is required to run this program: DirectX Runtime" I've seen some other people who are getting same error in the community but none of the suggested solutions worked with me...
  3. DirectX Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Runtime Error: Hello. I am getting en error while I am trying to launch mortal shell It says "The following component is required to run this program: DirectX Runtime" I've seen some other people who are getting same error in the community but none of the suggested solutions worked with me...
  4. error DirectX Runtime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error DirectX Runtime: I have downloaded games. But when it opened, it said that I need DirectX Runtime but according to google, I have DirectX 12 and I don't want to destroy my laptop. So can you guys help me?...
  5. error DirectX Runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error DirectX Runtime: I have downloaded games. But when it opened, it said that I need DirectX Runtime but according to google, I have DirectX 12 and I don't want to destroy my laptop. So can you guys help me?...
  6. error DirectX Runtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DirectX runtime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX runtime: I'm trying to play Driver: San Francisco on my computer and when I try to go to the page that I download it with its not there. Is this something with the website or did Microsoft pull the plug on it?...
  8. DirectX Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Runtime Error: I am trying to play one of my games and it opens up only to say "DirectX Runtime Needed' and I tried all solutions i could find which is one, failed. I can't change it from "4.09.00.0904" to "4.08.00.0904" and it says it had an error writing down the new content. What do I-...
  9. DirectX End-User Runtimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    DirectX End-User Runtimes: Please tell what is the difference between DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2010 and DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-end-user-runtimes/2fbb2128-e18d-4156-8514-c34691910072
  10. Not installing directx runtimes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not installing directx runtimes: Been trying to install directx runtimes since i'm missing game sounds. First I got message that A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file is valid. Followed instructions to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 old directx support

2. directx r windows 10untimedirectx runtime

3. no sounds old games directx9

4. when did directx 12 come out,
  5. the following components are required to run this program directx runtime,
  6. add old directx runtime