Windows 10: Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Discus and support Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by naeduk72, May 18, 2017.

1. naeduk72 Win User

Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Hi all.

I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working.

Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device Manager says that they are working properly.

I didn't connect either device for a while but have needed to connect them recently (to update the TomTom software and to access files from the BlackBerry internal storage). Now, the TomTom locks up when it is connected by USB (and is fine again as soon as the cable is unplugged) and the BlackBerry brings up a message saying that drivers are not installed. Both devices appear in Device Manager when they are connected.

Both devices' apps say that they are trying to find a device when the USB is connected, but never find the devices. As soon as the device is unplugged, the app stops searching and the device disappears from Device Manager.

I've tried this on two PCs, one running Windows 10 Home (1703) and the other running Windows 10 Pro (1607). I know that both devices worked fine in v1511 on both machines.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps & drivers. I've manually deleted all files relating to the apps and used uninstaller programs to try to remove all files and reg keys. Nothing has worked.

As both devices worked fine in 1511 and appear as Network Adaptors and seem to be responding in similar ways when they are connected / disconnected, I'm wondering if this is a problem related to the way that Windows handles USB network devices. It might possibly affect similar devices in the same way and I'm hoping that someone has found a fix.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

:)

naeduk72, May 18, 2017

2. Multiple WIFI USB Adapters Rapidly Disconnect and reconnect

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

If issue persists, the issue can also be related to network adaptor, resetting, updating driver, disabling, re-enabling, uninstalling and reinstalling network adaptor may help.

Follow the steps in the article below to fix network adaptor problems.

How do I fix network adaptor problems?

Also see:

Wired
    and wireless network problems

Note: These articles are for Windows 8 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 18, 2017
  3. Servicing Stack Update for Windows10 Version 1511 (KB3140741)

Since the recent Servicing Stack Update to Windows 10, KB3140741, I have been unable to connect to the internet via my usb network adaptor from shutdown. When I restart the internet connects normally and holds connection. Also if I unplug the usb adaptor
    and reconnect it the internet connects and holds connection.

I have tried adaptor driver update, uninstall and reinstall network adaptor, network troubleshooter ( this sometimes works!), and networking commands in command prompt window as detailed in Windows 10 help(Fix Network Connection Issues). I have also tried
    different usb sockets on my computer, and resetting the router.

Thus I am able to use the internet, but it is extremely inconvenient to have to keep restarting to connect as detailed above. Also the adaptor worked flawlessly prior to the update.

Hoping you can provide some help to resolve this problem.

JamesNicholson_668, May 18, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Have you uninstalled the TomTom and the Blackberry in device manager and let Windows reinstall?

wyldman68, May 18, 2017
  5. naeduk72 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I have now tried this with the BlackBerry but it just sat in Device Manager as an "Unknown device" and all options to search for a driver failed.

I have had a bit of a breakthrough on the 1703 PC though. I wondered if I needed to enable file sharing on the BlackBerry network specifically. Whilst I didn't find an option for that, I found the option to share the BlackBerry's internet connection with other PCs on the network. As soon as I did that, it all came to life and the two network drives (internal and SD) installed themselves. I then tried to replicate this on the 1607 PC but the BlackBerry isn't showing in the Network Connections screen, so I can't enable that setting on it. I'll try this with the TomTom tomorrow.

naeduk72, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry) - Similar Threads - USB Network Adaptor

2. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  3. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  4. network adaptor having problems..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network adaptor having problems..: Hi there, new laptop. 3 months old - 11-ak0508sa 11.6" Laptop - Intel® Celeron™, 32 GB eMMC wont recognise any wifi networks, theyu just dont appear in the list. Ive gon through the trouble shooting stuff checked wifi is om, flight mode if off. rebooted, etc etc Ran...
  5. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...
  6. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  7. USB audio adaptor feedback problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB audio adaptor feedback problem: I recently purchased a USB audio adaptor for my microphone, when i first plugged it in it worked fine, but when i shut down my computer and turned it back on it wont work any more and just produces feedback white noise i have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, i...
  8. Network adaptor problem

Network adaptor problem: Hello all, Need help with something please. The basics- new Asus x509ua machine from January. Sometimes the network adapter is not found by the computer. This has been happening on and off since I bought the machine. It happened two or three times back in Feb/Mar and just...
  9. Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry): Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working. Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device...
  10. Activate USB network adaptor

Activate USB network adaptor: I have bought and installed a USB network adaptor which has an aerial for better wi-fi reception. How do I tell the computer to use this one? I tried disabling the on-board adaptor but the computer then tells me no network access because there's no adaptor. The device...