Windows 10: Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue

Discus and support Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this generic usb remote control that used to work fine under Windows 7. Now I plugged it on a Windows 10 machine and some keys of it won't work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martinz, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Martinz Win User

Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue

I have this generic usb remote control that used to work fine under Windows 7. Now I plugged it on a Windows 10 machine and some keys of it won't work, mainly multimedia keys (next track, volume, ...), just a few keys still works. I read somewhere that windows 10 really does that to mostly all gerneric usb remotes.
    Is there a fix for that? A driver or something?

Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue [​IMG]

:)

Martinz, Sep 10, 2016

2. Windows Mobility Doesn't work under Windows 10 Creators

What is MDC Control? ("With windows 10 Creators update installed you lose MDC control.")

I am trying to use URC CCP for the first time and the program does not recognize that the remote is plugged into the computer. I'm wondering if it's a Windows 10 issue. FYI I'm just using a spare mini USB to USB cable, not the one that came with
    the remote (I don't know where that one is).

PinkBillows, Sep 10, 2016
  3. PJNYS Win User
    Windows 10 Creator Update and Windows Mobile Device Center

Johann

The remote is a legacy device that need WMDC to initiate communications via USB from the PC to the remote control.

Normally it's run in Vista compatibility mode with no issues.

I've isolated the WMDC issue to the Windows 10 creator update Build 1709--I have a laptop on W10 build 1609 and WMDC works fine . . .

Expect I'll have to dual boot a PC into Windows 7 to keep WMDC running and download to the remote?

There must be many other users who have legacy GPS or other devices that use WMDC?

PJNYS, Sep 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue

1. Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue - Similar Threads - USB remote controls

2. Remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  3. Remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  4. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  5. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  6. windows 10, usb controlers,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10, usb controlers,: Just reinstalled win 10, now am getting message, not enough system resources to connect all of my usb drives. I am using powered hubs , even if connect them to the front usb ports get the same message, as well as the remaining back ports. Most are usb 3 but one is a usb 2...
  7. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  8. Laptop Bluetooth Remote Control Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Bluetooth Remote Control Issues: Hello all, I have a LG HiFi from which I used to be able to change the song, pause and play songs playing from my laptop via Bluetooth connection on the app "AIMP". However, since about a week ago, this function no longer works and the only function which works from my HiFi...
  9. Remote Control

Remote Control: My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her laptop to assist her, in the manner that assistance has been given to me in the past by Microsoft. Her laptop O/S is Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue

Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue: So this past weekend I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and it went very well. I have a USB Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard and IntelliMouse 2.0 wireless mouse, both of which were prompted to install the software suit first thing after Win10 welcome desktop and worked...