Windows 10: Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

Discus and support Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 and Windows 7 on 2 partions. I am working on a website that is on local using wamp server. How can I share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ronaldo9r9, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

Hi guys,

I am running Windows 10 and Windows 7 on 2 partions. I am working on a website that is on local using wamp server.

How can I share folder between two windows when I login to another system files are synced on both. Is this achievable?

:)

ronaldo9r9, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 accessing a shared file on Windows 7 Professional

We have been using Windows 7 in the field to share files between multiple laptops. We have provided the sharing right and the security so that Everyone can access and the specific folder. We have had no problems accessing the files between the laptops
    using Windows 7 professional. We just purchased some new laptops and are running Windows 10. The Windows 10 laptops have been set up to share as we did on the Windows 7 laptops.

(Also, this is Ethernet LAN and not wireless)

The Windows 10 laptops can see each other and I was able to log onto the other computer with it's credentials. Because they are password protected I log on to the shared file using that computers credentials. Same thing I did in Windows 7. The Windows
    7 laptops can see and access the shared files on the Windows 10 laptop.

The Problem now is I can not get the Windows 10 laptops to gain access to the Windows 7 shared files. I don't know it has to do with the way Windows 10 logs on with a PIN and Windows 7 log on is the old way with passwords.

I have even turned off the firewalls on the laptop as to rule that out as a problem.

Please advise on how I can let the Windows 10 log on to Windows 7 to access the shared file.

Kevin Fritz (fritz), Sep 1, 2015
  3. Printer sharing Windows 10 and Windows XP

I have the same problem. I know how to share a file, folder or printer since Win3.1

File sharing is working fine among Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Printer sharing is working fine between Windows 7 and Windows 10, but it does not wokr with Windows XP, it must be a Windows 10 issue, please advice on workaround solution.

JimDelgado, Sep 1, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

I like Free File Sync for keeping network files synced together:
    FreeFileSync download | SourceForge.net

NavyLCDR, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Thanks mate. If i update something in shared folder using lets say Windows 7 and later login to Windows 10 I will be show all changes. Will it work both ways.

ronaldo9r9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

1. Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files - Similar Threads - sharing files

2. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  3. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  4. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  5. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  6. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  7. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  8. how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network: how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-files-and-printing-between-win-10-pro/430c90ef-ddf3-4f65-88bb-639000867472
  9. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  10. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...