Windows 10: Windows 10 and Word

Discus and support Windows 10 and Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a new computer with Windows 10 ad Office Professional Plus 2016. . Old computer had Windows 7 with Microsoft Office XP0. Daughter downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdithEdwards, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 and Word

Have a new computer with Windows 10 ad Office Professional Plus 2016. . Old computer had Windows 7 with Microsoft Office XP0. Daughter downloaded files from old computer and uploaded to new computer. Everything seemed to work ok except the document files. I cannot open them and get the message that Word is not my default program for opening or viewing these type files. Can someone tell me a simple way to open and read these file or convert them. They were document files so don't understand why I can't read them.. Not computer savvy. Please help!

:)

EdithEdwards, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 and Word

Delta6326, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 and Word

1. Windows 10 and Word - Similar Threads - Word

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  4. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  5. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  6. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  8. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  9. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  10. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....