Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 1st time post, When I used my Surface 3 tablet for typing and had attached a WiFi mouse, the touchpad settings allowed me to disengage the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CrimsonPig, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings

1st time post,

When I used my Surface 3 tablet for typing and had attached a WiFi mouse, the touchpad settings allowed me to disengage the keyboard's touchpad, freeing me from accidentally touching the touchpad while typing, (extremely useful with my butterfingers). I've noticed that the Mouse and Touchpad settings in the Anniversary Update have been greatly simplified to only one option for the touchpad. I really miss the option of being able to disengage the touchpad when an external mouse is detected. Can you bring it back?

:)

CrimsonPig, Aug 15, 2016

2. Mousepad stopped working, Asus ZenBook UX305

Hi,

I have an Asus Zenbook (delivered with windows 10, so no updates from earlier windows editions) and the mousepad has stopped working. The touchpad has been removed from my device manager and does not show a cursor or movement on the touchpad. When I plug
    in an external mouse this device does show a cursor and appears in the device manager list. I cannot find any touchpad settings as all of them pertain to the mouse. It seems that the touchpad has been removed from the system? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Delangdelang, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Elantech touchpad not working after Anniversary update.

Updated to Anniversary edition. Elantech touchpad no longer works and has disappeared from device manager.

Jena Nichols, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings

Update,
    It must have been an anomaly. I restarted my Surface and, behold! all the options for the touchpad and mouse have returned, including disengaging it. I'm not sure what happened, but glad it is resolved.

CrimsonPig, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings - Similar Threads - Anniversary Edition removed

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor: I need a link to download Win10 Anniversary edit. I want to format tablet and install fresh. I installed current builds and it won't allow me to do many functions... control panel / device manager / on screen keyboard, etc....
  3. Removing borders in Windows 10 anniversary?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing borders in Windows 10 anniversary?: All active applications in Windows 10 have borders, and it is to my understanding that in pre-anniversary you could dim the effect using the Color Intensity slider (Run > Control Color). The issue here is that in the anniversary edition the slider does nothing so I am asking...
  4. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites: The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location...
  5. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  6. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  7. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  8. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  9. Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition

Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition: I'm trying to download the Windows 10 Anniversary edition, I get error messages like “Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10. Check your network settings, and try again.” And when I try the Media creation tool, it appears to begin downloading, and stays on...
  10. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition

Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition: The Windows 10 Update Assistant says: [img] The current OS on the target machine is Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511. I've got access to the Anniversary Update iso but before I try installing it I wondered if anyone else has run the gauntlet. Thanks, Simon 60713