Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Laggy Response from Programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Laggy Response from Programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All Laggy Response from Programs, I should have more than enough memory and processor speed and internet speed, but so laggy I can barely type in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Laggy Response from Programs

Hi All

Laggy Response from Programs, I should have more than enough memory and processor speed and internet speed, but so laggy I can barely type in the one program

Programs running
    MS Edge
    Firestorm viewer, 3rd party Secondlfie viewer
    VIrtualDj 8.2.3343 think Version

and Avast Antivirus real time protection

System is in the specs
    Anniversary Was clean installed on August 16th 2016

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2016

2. windows 10 is laggy

windows 10 has been acting a bit laggy after a fresh install of the anniversary update. typing words is laggy, opening apps take a bit longer than usual, and whenever i move the mouse around, the apps take a few seconds to highlight. I need help!

EmojiStickerz, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Virtual onscreen trackpad

I need some help.

We have a program called that does a virtual on screen trackpad. Microsoft recently released an onscreen trackpad with the anniversary update. Which made me really happy! It works smoother than ours and in a few situations where we are really
    laggy the windows trackpad stayed buttery smooth.

I would be beyond thrilled to be able to talk to some of the team responsible for the windows trackpad and see if we can figure out what we need to change or do to get that same amazingly smooth response from the virtual mouse pointer (we used to be called
    touchmousepointer )

any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Tablet Pro, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Anniversary Laggy Response from Programs

Hi, can you please post a screenshot or screenshots as appropriate of your task manager, making sure anything of interest using resources is shown at the top by organising the relevant column by clicking on the tab at the top?

Could you also please comment on performance/responsiveness
    a. after a clean boot
    b. in Safe Mode

Noting you've installed some programs, was Windows responsive when you first installed it?

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Hi All

Ok last night while using Virtual Dj, Plus Firestorm viewer and MS Edge was suddenly laggy, Originally clean install just had Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Anti Exploit, and Malwarebytes free, switched back to Avast though a week or so later, as seem to prefer Avast for some reason...Will post the screenshots and hopefully have a conclusion possibly on why the lag happens

System is not laggy in Safe mode, and currently not lagging, don't know exactly why it was last night at this point, I keep up on Dust clean outs, and maintenance, Temps are Excellent I think lol

AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi: nothing stands out from your task man screenshots- am I right in understanding your PC wasn't slow to respond at the time you created them

Don't think you commented on these please as asked before?

Could you also please comment on performance/responsiveness
    a. after a clean boot

Noting you've installed some programs, was Windows responsive when you first installed it?

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  7. When First Installed had no lag at all, I had the same programs open when I created the Screenshots, but couldn't get the lag to recreate then, I ran it over an hour, Firestorm viewer, MS Edge, VirtualDj program, streaming and all, and Skype open, but still couldn't get it to recreate at all.

System was very responsive on clean boot

Last night symptoms was very slow to type, music was streaming with Virtualdj from my usb 2.0 external hard drive, headset was plugged into another usb 2.0 port as well, System is AMD 8 Core FX 8310, 8gb of ram, R7 240 video card, 1tb hard drive.

Avast was clean installed when new version came out 12.3.2280 properly, so should be all fine

sfc/scannow and dism online cleanup image found nothing

AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  9. Yes will do that, and see how it peforms, and post back shortly here, checked Asus site for bios update, didn't see any listed at all for this model

Noticed issue with Comcast Cable Gateway, Only bonding 1 upstream channel currently, usually bond 3-4 channels, so might be the actual lag cause

AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2016
  10. bltserv Win User
    Try pulling Avast out. Use the Uninstall program from their site. Run it in safe mode. I bet that fixes it.

bltserv, Sep 3, 2016
  11. Yes will try that, and hopefully does fix it for good

AMDMan2016, Sep 3, 2016
  12. Ok Seems to be running fine at this point now, despite sometimes major lag in Secondlife game, and high memory usage at times, cause unknown on that, possibly Secondlife 3rd party viewer

Also When I did my Windows 10 Anniversary 64bit Professional Edition clean install, didn't use diskpart and clean all, just formatted thru Windows Setup, did I make a mistake? I can always redo it one more time if need be when I got time. UEFI mode is enabled, and Secureboot as well, otherwise working fine though, May wait til I got printer ink though in case I need to print any instructions out to get it done properly

AMDMan2016, Sep 5, 2016
  13. DooGie Win User

One thing I noticed on your second Programs and Features screenshot is that you have NVIDIA Physx installed. As you have an AMD GPU there seems no point in having Physx installed. Physx could be patched to work on an AMD card a few years ago but not any longer, all it would possibly do is try and use the CPU to run.

DooGie, Sep 5, 2016
  14. Think it installed with one of the games, but not sure which one, I suppose I could remove it, and see if it affects any of the games

Removed Train Sim Game, never played it, World of Warships, PhysX looks to have uninstalled also in that process

AMDMan2016, Sep 5, 2016
  15. DooGie Win User
    Probably best to as the GPU can't use it anyway.

DooGie, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Laggy Response from Programs - Similar Threads - Anniversary Laggy Response

2. My programs are laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My programs are laggy: I have an iMac 8.1 with Windows 10 on it. It works OK.but when i booted up last time, It took about 7 minutes.I opened up windows Explorer and somethin other and it took over 20 minutes to work. I barely opened chrome. My OS Seems to be fine, i have no viruses.can you GUYS...
  3. no response from troubleshooters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no response from troubleshooters: None of the troubleshooters will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-response-from-troubleshooters/c0b0d075-ad89-4c0f-8ea9-db5747d877cd
  4. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  5. 5 year anniversary of Windows Insider program

in Windows 10 News
    5 year anniversary of Windows Insider program: The 5-year anniversary of the Windows Insider program is upon us and I'm finding it hard to put the past five years into words. (1/n) Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter The Insiders I've met while traveling, those I have connected with online, the internal MS...
  6. Not responsive Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not responsive Window 10: กำลังทำงานอยู่ อยู่ดีหน้าจอก็ค้าง ทำอะไรไม่ได้ หน้าจอเป็นสีเทา มีเสียงดังเหมือนเครื่องทำงาน กำลังอับเดตอยู่หรือเปล่า แต่ไม่มีสัญลักษณ์อะไรเลย ทำอย่างไร ปืดคอมไดไหม สองชั่วโมงแล้ว...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working: I have had Windows 10 since they rolled it out. One of the things I hated was the Windows 7 Solitaire was gone. I found it online and downloaded it. It was the exact same Solitaire game and it worked fine until last week when I got the Anniversary update. Now it will not open...
  8. Anniversary update change default programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update change default programs?: Did the anniversary update change the way the default programs used to work? I can't seem to set the default programs to use portable applications now. And its alot harder to set file associations as well for portable apps. 71812
  9. Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault: Hello All I am struggling with a windows 10 fault since the anniversary update was installed, Since it was installed I have problems with applications closing - For instance if I play a game for a while, say like Dark Souls 3 and then quit the game via the menu and then...
  10. [Win10 Anniversary] Windows Logon No Response

in Windows 10 Support
    [Win10 Anniversary] Windows Logon No Response: Hi, the latest Windows Update causing some weird issue to me. 1. OS boot into Lock screen > enter my pin/password, and successfully Logon into Window. 2. After Idle, my Window is set to Lock screen. 3. Attempt logon into Window, Lock screen shows loading circle, but then...