Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whether you update from Windows 10 or clean install the Anniversary Edition there is a "defaultuser0" account in Users. I presume everyone is seeing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sayjimwoo, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Sayjimwoo Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0

Whether you update from Windows 10 or clean install the Anniversary Edition there is a "defaultuser0" account in Users.
    I presume everyone is seeing this. Also when in the Registry, setting permissions (to fix the DCOM errors) there are Account Unknown SID's? I have deleted the defaultuser0 but there are so many Account Unknown SID's in the registry that I have left them.
    I guess the Microsoft engineers stupidly left all these here from orphaned accounts. Can others also confirm they are seeing this?

Also a couple of links confirms it -
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update is creating profiles
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: The case of the mysterious account SID causing the flood of DCOM errors

:)

Sayjimwoo, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 13, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

Yeah I got one too, clean install I did earlier,

derekimo, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    The unnecessary defaultuser() profile folder can be safely removed. On sysprepped systems that has been there since early 10XXX builds, in earlier builds it disappeared by itself after a few reboots but that seems not to be the case anymore, at least not always.

This screenshot from a video made back in March:

Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0 [​IMG]
    (Video from Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 106 - Windows 10 Forums)

If it does not disappear simply delete it. Another "ghost profile" that you might see is default.migrated which occasionally appears after a build upgrade. It, too is totally safe to delete.

I have no knowledge about why these profile folders will be created. I can only speak from my own experience and say that I have done some quite extensive sysprep, deployment and installation tests seeing these folders on almost each test install and have never had any issues manually deleting defaultuser() and default.migrated profile folders.

Please notice that these two possible "ghost profile" folders should not be confused with the important default user profile folder Default (hidden folder) which should not be touched!

6. derekimo Win User
    Thanks Kari, you're word is good enough for me.

derekimo, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    You are welcome Derek *Smile

8. maryg Win User

I have defaultuser0's Sid:
    S-1-15-2-2434737943...
    In Windows Firewall, it can be found in CloudExperienceHost with dfu0 being the user.
    Personally, I feel uncomfortable having an unknown user sending my information to an unknown cloud.

maryg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0 - Similar Threads - Anniversary update Account

2. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Everything seems to be running OK, but computer takes longer to shutdown.Has anyone else notice this ? 64111
  4. Anniversary Update Account picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary Update Account picture: Anniversary Update I have account picture in lock screen when I need a password to login.If I use no password needed to login I have no picture. Is there a fix for this or is it a bug? 58619
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: My system shows Ver 1511 10586.545, Anniversary update never comes up when I update daily? Running Windows10 64 bit Pro,should I just keeping checking for update. 62357
  6. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  7. Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update: Just completed anniversary update and I find Device Manager shows one "Other Device": "Unknown Device", with Hardware ID of "WsAudioDevice-383(1)". From other research I gather this is connected with Realtek Audio. Update Driver doesn't work! Only 2 of my 5.1 speakers...
  8. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  9. Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week: My machine running windows 10 updated the other day to the "anniversary edition". After this, each time the machine boots up, I get a dialog box asking me to associate an app with some weird file type which I have not seen before. The file type is: ".45c30aaf". I cannot...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...