Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; On page 4 of simrick's url above, there is a solution that works for me - it is: "Experienced same*Reflect Version 6*issue after Win 10 Anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JohnBurns, Aug 3, 2016.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem

On page 4 of simrick's url above, there is a solution that works for me - it is:

"Experienced same*Reflect Version 6*issue after Win 10 Anniversary Update. Can't explain the connection or logic, but changing Win 10 Task Scheduler General Tab*"Security options"*entry for Macrium Reflect "Run only when user is logged on" fixed the schedule problem. Until Macrium resolves this issue, here are band aid steps that worked for 4 PCs:

1. Open Windows 10 Task Scheduler
    2. Select Macrium Reflect Library item (Backup Schedule*Task)
    3. Open Properties for this item
    4. Select "General" Tab
    5. Under Security option, click/select "Run only when user is logged on"
    6. Did not change "Configure for:" drop down to Windows 10 as it seemed to delete the Reflect schedule entry.

Trust this helps you!"

JohnBurns, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Barman58 Win User

If you are going to use a solution from an external source please provide a link rather than transcribe the whole solution. This is a courtesy to the other site thank you

Barman58, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 3, 2016
  4. JohnBurns Win User

Sorry - will do in future. Sorry, jJust trying to help.

JohnBurns, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Not a problem, we insist on others who share our content do it this way so try to reciprocate *Smile

Barman58, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Why was this issue not spotted in the extensive software testing prior to the release of the Anniversary Edition since Macrium Reflect is widely used?

Steve C, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Actually it was, MR knew there was an issue, they expected MS to fix the API, and they didn't, MR really dropped the ball on this one. I'm still in shock they have been so on top of thing for the last few years.

I only updated one computer my test and play with computer. So I'll wait on the others.

Points I've taken so far from this Thread
    1. The Definitions may be moved to the Window.old file Answer would be to move them out and back where they go
    2. Work around changing windows task manager, properties from 2000 ets to Windows 10. If you do you lose all your definitions from MR interface
    3. Another user told us we can just change properties in Windows task manager to "Run only when user is online"
    I'm going to check out 1 and try 3 I'll post back tomorrow to late for tonight.

Edit 1. my definitions were correctly in my profile
    2. I don't want to have to recreate my definitions once MR fixes the issue
    3. Changing the property to Run Only when user is logged on. On saving after selecting the back up started up. This seems to Possible be the temp answer?

Clintlgm, Aug 4, 2016
  8. JohnBurns Win User

JohnBurns, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes seems to be working for me too. Thanks John

Clintlgm, Aug 4, 2016
  10. Glad to report that "Run only when user is logged on" worked for me too, this seems to be the solution.

BatteryAziz, Aug 4, 2016
  11. mart1981 Win User
    Thanks John - now working.

Maybe Macrium will get up to speed on this sooner rather than later.

mart1981, Aug 4, 2016
  12. Still not getting the proper behaviour. I let it wake from sleep to do an incremental backup at 7:00am, after which is should shut itself down after 30min being idle. I checked on it around 11am, it was still awake and it had done two incremental jobs in a row (first one 200 MB, second one 8 MB). So I disabled "Wake the computer to run this task" just now, and just when I'm typing this, it triggered the incremental job again. Maybe the "run immediately when missed" trigger isn't working properly or something. Anyone else experiencing this?

BatteryAziz, Aug 5, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

This is odd: I have a system with W10v1607 (14393.10) that's scheduled to run an image every Sunday at 9am, with a "run on next boot if missed". This image did indeed run this morning, and I have not made any modifications to it. *Confused

simrick, Aug 7, 2016
  14. Beaupeep Win User
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Macrium

2. macrium reflect problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    macrium reflect problem: Hi I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect v7.3.5925 ages ago and made a system image. Yesterday I decided to make a fresh image only to get an error message and "Failed to create system snapshot. Failed 0x8004230f". I looked on line and it was suggested that I had...
  3. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  4. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  9. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  10. Macrium Reflect credential problem

Macrium Reflect credential problem: The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was correct and so was the...