Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I downloaded an update for Macrium reflect this morning which fixed the scheduling problem/s. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JohnBurns, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Bastet Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem

I downloaded an update for Macrium reflect this morning which fixed the scheduling problem/s.

Bastet, Aug 9, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

So Cliff, looks to me like this (but want your opinion):

I have 2 systems not yet updated to v1607, and 1 system on v1607, (but the scheduled backup still ran - figure that one out!).

I have not made any of the interim fixes. Backups are scheduled to run on the 15th, as usual.

So, if I just update Macrium and make no changes to my schedules, they will still run as if nothing every happened, right?

Thanks.

simrick, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member
    @simrick,
    See this post at Macrium Forums, and follow the KB link: Schedules no longer work after Anniversary Update

Cliff S, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem

The first recommended method works for me.

You will need to edit the Macrium task(s) properties in Windows Task Scheduler.
    Open Task Scheduler Library 'Right-Click' on the Macrium Task and 'Click' properties.
    Change the "Configure For" drop down menu to Windows 10.

wreckwriter, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    If you update Reflect, you don't need to do all that. And if you already have, and then got the update after, you need to recreate your schedule.

Cliff S, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Didn't know update came out. Just updated, will redo schedules. Thanks!

wreckwriter, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Your welcome, before you recreate your schedules, go to Task Manager and delete the "old" task.
    Then recreate the new one, and it should look like this(if like me you only run one schedule):

Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Note The reason to recreate the task, is the old one will still run, after the "configure for" work around, but it will not show up in The Macrium Reflect UI(scheduled backup's tab):

Cliff S, Aug 10, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    hmmm....Server/DNS not found?

I've read here:
    Windows 10 Aniversary Update issues - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

So, since I have made no modifications to any of my scheduled backup tasks, I should be okay. *Smile

simrick, Aug 10, 2016
  10. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes you should, I had used the work around to backup only when user is logged on. So after the MR Update I in Task Scheduler, changed back to backup whether user is logged on or not. every thing is back to normal.

Clintlgm, Aug 10, 2016
  11. smithxl Win User
    Macrium's latest updates only partially fix this problem. I have two definition files, one for each of two separate hard drives, scheduled to run each day. For each definition, a full image is made every Monday and a differential is made every other day.

If they are scheduled to run at a time when the pc is on, they both work and report 0x00 Successful. If the pc is not switched on at the scheduled time, one of them runs and completes but reports error 0x800710e0 and the other does not run at all and also reports error 0x800710e0.

Prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, both definition files were scheduled to run at 5:00am before the pc is switched on so that they ran as soon as it was. Both ran successfully and reported 0x00Success.

The actual time of scheduling seems unimportant - same time, slight difference or large difference. Before the Win10 upgrade they worked, now they do not unless the pc is running. The actual time the pc is switched on can vary by many hours and I really want these images to be created first thing, hence my concern.

I have reinstalled, recreated and reconfigured; the issue remains. I would much appreciate any help - with the free version of Macrium I cannot ask on their forum.

smithxl, Sep 15, 2016
  12. Reflect turned the PC on?? I must be misreading.

wreckwriter, Sep 15, 2016
  13. smithxl Win User

I am sorry I did not expand. The intention was to say "If the pc is not switched on at the scheduled time, WHEN IT IS SWITCHED ON one of them runs and completes etc."

smithxl, Sep 15, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    smithxl is probably talking about one of these settings in Task Manager:

(most likely the above setting)

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2016
  15. Steve C Win User
    My scheduled backups work fine. I have those highlighted settings by default. Are those settings correct?

Steve C, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Macrium

2. macrium reflect problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    macrium reflect problem: Hi I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect v7.3.5925 ages ago and made a system image. Yesterday I decided to make a fresh image only to get an error message and "Failed to create system snapshot. Failed 0x8004230f". I looked on line and it was suggested that I had...
  3. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  4. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  9. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  10. Macrium Reflect credential problem

Macrium Reflect credential problem: The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was correct and so was the...