Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my Thunderbird is a hit and miss for email. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it checks for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by FedoraMan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. FedoraMan Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems

Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my Thunderbird is a hit and miss for email. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it checks for new email, often it says it cannot connect. Anyone have any solutions?

:)

FedoraMan, Oct 21, 2016
  2. julie900 Win User

Email not working post WIndows 10 Anniversary

I have just had a new laptop and set it all up with security and Mozilla Thunderbird because that is where all my emails are etc. I don't want to use Edge. It all worked fine and then Windows 10 anniversary update happened and now I cannot access three
    of my email accounts whatsoever. Can someone please help? I have just posted a similar question on Thunderbird, but it appears nearly everyone who has updated has the same problem who uses Thunderbird. Windows 10 was on this device when I bought it and
    so it hasn't been upgraded from 8. I know this may sound stupid but I would just like to turn on my computer and have no problems. Those wonderful days seem to be a thing of the past since Windows 10. AlI I do all day is try and resolve Windows 10 problems.
    I am almost frightened to turn my computer on. is there anyone out there that can help please? I have set my default settings to Thunderbird in settings!

julie900, Oct 21, 2016
  3. M BERNARD Win User
    windows anniversary update

AFTER THE WINDOWS ANNIVERSARY UPDATE WAS INSTALLED, I LOST ALL OF MY TILES. THERE IS A LIST OF SOME APPS BUT YOU CAN NOT CLICK ON THEM. ALSO LOST MY EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK IN THUNDERBIRD. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM?

M BERNARD, Oct 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, can't think what would help, sorry- I have no problems with it. I've seen one other person mention erratic behaviour with Thunderbird, but that was one of a couple of issues.

Presumably you've checked you can access the mail server via your browser when you have this problem?

How to fix Mozilla Thunderbird issues on Windows 10

dalchina, Oct 21, 2016
  5. FedoraMan Win User
    They work fine in the browser. Issue is only with Thunderbird.

FedoraMan, Oct 21, 2016
  6. Hi:

I am only on v1511 on my Win10 box, not AU, but I have no issues with Thunderbird (TB).
    There are a few, isolated reports at the mozillazine user forum. But it's hard to know if all the reported issues are related.

Having said that, it might help us to troubleshoot if you could please tell us:

• What version of TB?
    • Is TB timing out when receiving, when sending, or at other times?
    • What is the exact wording of the error message (if any) that you are receiving?
    • How is that mail account set up, as POP or IMAP?
    • Is your mail service from an ISP, corporate e-mail system or Web-based?
    • Are you using an antivirus and/or a firewall program? If so, which one(s)?
    • Do you regularly compact your folders?
    • Did the problem start only after a recent Windows Update or after another system change or software configuration change that might be relevant? (Including OS or Thunderbird updates, adding extensions or themes, etc. and any security program updates)
    • {{Troubleshooting questions shamelessly borrowed from the mozillazine forum moderator, @DanRaisch}}

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Thunderbird

2. Problems with Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Thunderbird: Windows v 1903 I am experiencing problems with Mozilla Thunderbird dropping folders and now the Address Book. So I have copied the latest T'Bird Folder to a USB stick and will do that at least once a week. Will this ensure that I will be able to re-store all folders and...
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  4. CPU problem after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

CPU problem after Anniversary Update on Windows 10: Apologies if this problem has been addressed before. On Sunday my laptop (bought new in May of this year) running Windows 10 Home 64 bit updated via Windows Updates to the Anniversary Update. All seemed to go well but now my CPU is running at almost 100% all the time....
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem: Hello guys, I have small problem updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary update/build on my PC. I was downloading the 1607 build this morning through Windows update as usual and it installed some other updates, but not the build update. Now it keeps saying that my PC is...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Update BSOD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update BSOD problem: I have a problem during the update to Windows 10 Anniversary , I get BSOD in the instalation and then I get a message : Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key I close my PC and I decide to install the update again...
  7. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  8. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....: Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro edition 10586.494 without issue,as I have not yet received the automatic update to the Anniversary Edition I decided to install it manually. I downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and it checked my PC and proceeded to...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...