Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been out of loop for a while,can I still get this update? Running version 1511 now,is this a free upgrade?. Are their a lot of changes or should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zplugger, Aug 8, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

Been out of loop for a while,can I still get this update? Running version 1511 now,is this a free upgrade?. Are their a lot of changes or should I stick to my current version.

Thanks for any tips on this.

:)

zplugger, Aug 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update Problems June 16-18, 2016. Issues with using apps and Windows Store.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know more about this new update.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 - Windows Experience Blog

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Roharashraj™, Aug 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

It's free, some changes: just search the internet for the many articles e.g.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 [​IMG]

Some bugs are fixed, 1 introduced (left justified text in explorer under medium, large icons- I have a workaround that works for me).
    Some settings are reset - e.g. autoplay, system restore...
    The start menu is changed and my tiles vanished.

You can get the iso and upgrade manually (see Tutorial section) or wait for the update.. having the iso is useful for
    - in place upgrade repair
    - upgrading multiple PCs
    - booting your PC when unbootable if you create a bootable medium from it

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  5. moondoggy Win User
    Does anyone know the method of madness that Microsoft is using to upgrade everyone from 1511 5o 1607? It's Patch Tuesday and both my PC and my laptop received patches but neither have upgraded to 1607. Granted I can upgrade manually but I was curious as to how MS is doling out the upgrades.

moondoggy, Aug 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    ..they have 350 million or so to deliver, so expect it to be phased somehow.
    "Microsoft is using a staggered approach to delivering the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The software firm delivered Windows 10 November Update in a similar fashion. The Anniversary Update will be available first to systems that are specifically optimized for Windows 10. Examples include devices with UEFI BIOS, TPM 1.2 and Windows Hello Support. If you are not seeing the Anniversary Update, don’t worry, it will eventually appear; keep checking Windows Update periodically."

Three Ways to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  7. Hi Folks!

I see (via Google) I'm not the only one who has had troubles with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. After 7 hours - seriously! *Shock - I checked, and immediately knew I must be in trouble.
    -
    I started out trying to initiate the 2nd Tuesday Monthly Updates and they were in no hurry to "get going". The Advanced link advised me of the Anniversary Update and I just went for it. <---Sheeze, why not? Win10 has been working soooo well. Now I feel like I'm a dummy! *Mad
    -
    I'd appreciate anyone who can tell me what I need to know with this. The monthly updates loaded this morning (thankfully!) I'm still on 1511. Oh, this just came to me ... maybe I should have disabled Norton first. (?)
    Thanks in advance! *Wink

jdUnionngarden, Aug 9, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Basics:
    1. disconnect any unnecessary peripherals
    2. make sure you have enough spare space on your disk
    3. You would be advised to run
    chkdsk C: \F
    from an admin command prompt and check all is well.
    4. if you have problems, best disable or uninstall your AV (I didn't have to).
    5. I recommend downloading the iso, creating a bootable medium and using that. That way you have it available to boot from and for other purposes, and to retry if necessary. That separates issues with Windows Update and downloading from upgrading.

Some have reported it failing with particular error messages- if so, note and research those.
    A few have reported it succeeding after a longish time at one point.

Before any major change to your system, make sure you have an updated system image/disk images.
    (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage).

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  9. Thanks dalchina,
    Is the iso easy to find, and can I mount it and run it that way?
    *Smile

10. dalchina New Member
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Always worth checking the extensive Tutorial section

or search
    windows 10 iso download
    and see
    Windows 10
    (second option)

Sure you can mount it, but then you won't have a bootable medium if your PC becomes unbootable- unless you already have one.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  11. Thanks again dalchina,
    Tutorial section noted.
    I always have a current Macrium boot disk, but good point a Windows 10 copy could be handy.

12. mrgeek Win User

ISO is here - Windows 10 ISO
    Select Edition, Language and 32 or 64 bit and download to desktop. R-click iso and click 'Mount'. Run setup.exe file in the folder window and follow the prompts. It's a major upgrade that will take little over an hour to install.
    After completion, you can burn a DVD or bootable usb copy as well as keep the iso in case you need an in-place repair one day. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Aug 10, 2016
  13. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

Thanks very much mrgeek,
    *Smile

jdUnionngarden, Aug 10, 2016
  14. mrgeek Win User
    The in place upgrade is the best and fastest way to get Anniv rather than normal silent Upgrade channel. I put the iso on 5 computers that I had to send out this week and every machine upgraded flawlessly. The new ones offered a clean install option too. A dvd or usb burn are not necessary if you have a signed-in OS with admin rights. Make sure you select 10 Pro to match your system. Cheers.

mrgeek, Aug 10, 2016
  15. Ah,
    I was just about to ask (after reading details from your link) if this ISO file is just for a clean install - I don't want to do that again - or if it is or is (also) good for just the Upgrade.
    Kindly confirm, and thanks again!

jdUnionngarden, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Available

2. Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?: Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anniversary-update-available-on-windows-10-home/ae33bd53-4d67-4f23-9191-cbaa4f3c069e
  3. Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?: I just updated my 64-bit PC with the anniversary update, as confirmed by the changes to the notification at far right, and all programs showing on the start menu. But then, I tried the update on my 32-bit PC, which I started and let run while away from it. When I came...
  4. Upcoming Windows 10 Update on August 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upcoming Windows 10 Update on August 2: My computer shop has told me that this is scheduled for August 2 and it is a major update, designed to cure and improve W10, following what has been learned since its launch. He advises creating a Restore Point on Aug. 1 (which my system does automatically every day). >>...
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary update -- SMB shares not available over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Anniversary update -- SMB shares not available over VPN: All my laptops have been updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update. They all connected correctly to the NAS device that uses the SMB connectivity, when connected to the same network. Whenever any are out of the office, they connect to the network over VPN. Then, they can...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August: In a headline, with no body text, over at the Microsoft News Center, a press release is announcing that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update will be available on August 2nd. We’ve been expecting the update in late July, but this date is close. (updated to remove hasty calendar...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Update 8/16/16: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The Anniversary Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone. To manually check for the update,...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: *ArrowWindows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums [img] Today we’re excited to announce the next major update to Windows 10 – the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – is coming on August 2. We are committed to delivering continuous innovation to you: including...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub now available: Starting today, October 13th, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub will be released to customers through Windows Update. Since we began shipping Surface Hubs in March, we’ve been inspired by how customers such as Bartlitt Beck, European School of Management...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available!: Today I’m pleased to announce that following the Windows 10 Anniversary Update we have released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK, build 14393 along with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. The new SDK contains more than 2700 enhancements to the Universal Windows Platform...